1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studing physics at 33 years old

1. Aug 21, 2007 #1

First I apologise for my english, I dont write to much...

I live in Swiss, and i have startet study at the epfl, but some money
    and family problem stopped my studies... so in 2002 i left the epfl and have worked a little. Now I m 33 and i would like to start my studies again in the university of Bern, in Physics (with astronomy direction). I can reach easily the
    bachelor in 3 years... but after? another 2 years for the master... and then?

I know i'm (perhaps) too old, but i would like to start my own business...
    or work as r&d.

But starting working at 38... would be hard...because i m laking of experience...

Thaks for yours troughs and your comments

à bientôt
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A teacher in Nuclear physics examed when he was 32 years old, then started his PhD-school. 10years later, he recieved a medal from the King of sweden for his work in nuclear physics. This was like 15 years ago.. it is not to late.
  4. Aug 21, 2007 #3
    Or consider studying engineering because it is easier to work in the field afterwards.
  5. Aug 21, 2007 #4

Homework Helper

it is never too late if you have enough wit.
    may consider part-time study if you are worried about careers
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?