Suggest a physics textbook for me

• Thread starter loom91
  • Start date
Hey just a tip on Halliday/Resnick from a physics undergrad. I'm not sure what edition you're using, but my professors always remind us that I the 1st edition over a quarter of the answers in the back of the book were wrong. It's better now but there have been mistakes, so don't stress too much if you don't get the same anser as the book. Other than that it's a great book, and has useful online help.

Does any body know of name of book or author which has all the solutions for resnick and halliday

I remember I had it when I was preparing for JEE, and on graduating gave it to some one.

Now on coming to topic for JEE, I gave it in 1990.. but had used almost all the books being mentioned here. So I cannot add much more then the fact that there is main diff in JEE (specially physics) is that problems are constructed/selected if there solution require multiple concepts. Main idea is to link multiple concepts and form a equation (crack the problem).

In regard to mathematics, I will also like to mention Differential Calculus by ML Khanna, and also Integral Calculus by MK Khanna.
I did have JEE mathematics my ML Knanna but didn't use it as was not impressed.. probably it was first edition, it may have improved in last 17-18 years.

btw dont forget to post name of book/author of book which has solution to all problems of resnick and halliday
nnarang

E=mc²
The New Quantum Universe is a good one , it definitely helped my understanding of QM and it's history.

I have the third and seventh editions of Fundamentals of Physics, the book stlyes are similar but with more content( and a lot more problems).

I, however, would suggest Paul Tipler's book because, out of all the standard general physics books, they have some of the hardest and most interesting problems to solve.

Are there any good books other than hc verma and resnick and haliday for jee?(im not intrested in any other test)

He specifically said that the 1967 edition was far better than the current Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resick and Walker.
Hey, can you tell me from where did you get the 1967 edition? I currently use 8th edition of the book, and would like to check if I find the 1967 one better.