1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suitable lessons in math and physics

1. May 22, 2009 #1
    School is almost over and Summer is almost in the doors, Next year I'm in year 12, but what I'm thinking is to study in summer better than wasting it because next year is an important year to go through college.
    Looking to go to the faculaty of engineer"(mechanical engineer) , I need some lessons to be tough in . So I hope some advice in giving me the suitable lessons in math and physics.

Thank You.

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2009 #2
    Re: Summer

You're only in 12th grade. Go take some stuff apart. Build a bicycle. Learn how to weld. Have fun. Learn calculus in the fall.

4. May 22, 2009 #3

Thank You, I'm against what you said.

5. May 22, 2009 #4

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Actually I think Mooktank has some pretty good advice. Engineering isn't just theory. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to understand the principles at work.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I used to build and race radio-controlled cars. I learned a lot more about electronics from that hobby than I did from formal classes, at least until I got up to senior level physics courses.

6. May 22, 2009 #5

djeitnstine

Gold Member

Just read some books to get familiar with it. But like the last two said, go and have fun.

I was in the same position for a while...read 1 book. Didn't understand a thing. Then finally got into the class. I aced it.

7. May 22, 2009 #6

I see, but my year 12 freinds are facing lot of toture in understanding Math and physcis.
    Infact, they always say that if they learned in summer was much better.?

8. May 22, 2009 #7

Read 1 book of what ?

9. May 23, 2009 #8

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Well, if you really want some suggested reading, a good source might be any of the 12th grade teachers at your school. Just catch them after class, or send them an email, explaining that you're keen to do some reading over the summer, and if they have any textbooks or websites they might suggest.

10. May 23, 2009 #9

Yeah check out the syllabus for next year's work.

11. May 23, 2009 #10

Thank You I will.

12. May 23, 2009 #11
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  13. May 23, 2009 #12
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook