Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer *So Far*?

1. Jul 25, 2017 #1
    How's your summer been so far?

Summer is for lovers and losers. If your summer hasn't been this chaotic, then DiracPool says create some chaos. That's what it's all about!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2017 #2
    Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Where is the old guy that he would smack on the head?

4. Jul 25, 2017 #3

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Cheerful, and involving old fashioned photo cameras instead of smart phones, which is appreciated. If it wouldn't rain so much here, I would consider going to the (Dutch) beach as well.

5. Jul 25, 2017 #4

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

I'll swap you rain for all the sun you can handle. Up until yesterday, the daily high here: N35.124006 W 106.5546 and based local weather stations, has been at or above 104°F (40°C) since the first week of June. Yesterday it was a mere 98°F. Meteorologically "normal" high is 92°F.

Damned urban heat island.....

6. Jul 25, 2017 #5
    My wife has been gone 6 weeks for some teacher training. This is her last week! Yay!

7. Jul 27, 2017 #6

strangerep

Science Advisor

Ah-ha! With this, we can commence a long-term sociological experiment...

Mark the date of this post. Then wait until the day when GB makes another similar post with "Yay" replaced by "Sigh". :wink:

8. Aug 3, 2017 #7
    That is funny! Everyone want this type of summer vacation.

9. Aug 4, 2017 #8
    Been working on a full class load all summer. Its weird seeing a campus look like a ghost town walking to class. Very much ready for the fall as this heat is killing me.

10. Aug 9, 2017 #9
    Summer of '17 has been great for me so far.
    I'll only create chaos if it's requested by Captain Diracpool. ;)

11. Aug 9, 2017 #10
    Consider it requested. Make me proud. And, if possible, post the video ;)

12. Aug 9, 2017 #11

Charles Link

Homework Helper

It's been a good summer so far, with the Chicago Cubs (my town) just in front of @Greg Bernhardt 's Milwaukee Brewers. :) :)

13. Aug 9, 2017 #12
    Hot and very hazy with all the forest fires going on.

14. Aug 11, 2017 #13

wukunlin

Gold Member

Quit my job in Spring, found another one in Summer, 2 months into the new job, found out it was a horrible joke of a company, quit again. Now lost on what I want to do.
    Watched some videos on differential equations on Khan Academy, probably because I still feel guilty on not putting enough effort into them when I was an undergrad. I am finding myself enjoying working through the courses and exercises :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted