1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SUNY Stony Brook

1. Feb 14, 2010 #1
    Can any one give some first hand experience or knowledge of the undergrad physics program? How is the program?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2010 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

It is as good as any Ivy League school.

In case you didn't know, Stony Brook is quite a prestigious and respected school.

Zz.

4. Feb 14, 2010 #3
    Thanks ZapperZ.

5. Feb 16, 2010 #4
    hey Totalderiv, I had no idea you belonged to PF too. I go as mjbarney in the CC forums and happened to notice this post about Stony Brook haha.

I just got accepted into Stony Brook and plan on majoring in physics so I'm glad to hear that its a very respected school with a good program. I'm personally excited to be meeting Peter van Nieuwenhuizen there!

6. Feb 17, 2010 #5
    Haha that's really weird that you're on here too. Congratulations on the acceptance.

7. Feb 17, 2010 #6
    haha thanks. Is Stony Brook your top choice for next year?

8. Feb 17, 2010 #7
  9. Feb 18, 2010 #8
    cool. I wish you luck getting accepted even though I'm sure you won't have a problem. Who knows, maybe we'll meet each other on campus in two years haha.

10. Feb 18, 2010 #9
    Haha thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook