Swampland Conjecture: String Theory & Unstable Universes

• I
  • Thread starter Trollfaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Conjecture
In summary, the Swampland Conjecture is a hypothesis in string theory that suggests there are limitations to what can exist in our universe. It is a part of string theory and raises questions about the stability of our universe and the possibility of other universes. While there is no direct evidence to support it, it has sparked much debate and further research in the field of theoretical physics. The Swampland Conjecture has significant implications for the future of theoretical physics, highlighting the need for further research and experimentation to better understand the limitations of string theory and the potential existence of other universes.
Trollfaz
WHat is swampland conjectures in string theory? I cannot find any online resources that can break it into laymen but as I watch Cumrun Vafa's presentations and its wikipedia description, they are string theories that are outside the landscape. So I am thinking that universes with Swampland conjectures cannot exist as they are unstable or make no sense.

Physics news on Phys.org