Systemworks-the answer to all viruses and malware problem

• Thread starter ksle82
  • Start date
In summary, there seem to be a lot of people with viruses and malwares problem. Some recommend using systemworks to solve the problem, but others say that there are free and better alternatives.
ksle82
from reading this forum section, there seem to be a lot of people with viruses and malwares problem. i used to have the same problem too. i used to have adaware, spybot, ect but it didn't do much help. Then i installed norton systemworks and I've been virusues and malware free ever since. Systemworks is a godsent. So for those w/ viruses and other crap problem, get systemworks.

Anyone else uses systemworks like to share their experiece?

Computer science news on Phys.org
lol, I personally used to use systemworks and don't like it. It covers such a wide range of tasks that it does nothing VERY good. (except for a few things here and there) Most users don't use all the features and therefore lose the purpose of the program.

Virus scanner with e-mail, and http and file sharing coverage
Spybot S&D
AdAware
Registry Booster
Firewall

Update and scan reguarly, you should be fine.

System works can do most of those things, but the above programs are free and have weekly/bi-weekly updates.

i'm with kirro on this, norton's software is so bloated, it makes any computer with less then 512mb ram choke...
i use free AVG as antivirus, spybot s&d and adaware for spyware, and free ZA for firewall, and it works great without being a resource hog.

how i hate bloated software, too many features in one app is a disaster.

and if there's a free alternative - all the better.

...and as a side note, if you'd change to linux, you won't need all these apps in the first place...

fargoth said:
i'm with kirro on this, norton's software is so bloated, it makes any computer with less then 512mb ram choke...
i use free AVG as antivirus, spybot s&d and adaware for spyware, and free ZA for firewall, and it works great without being a resource hog.

how i hate bloated software, too many features in one app is a disaster.

and if there's a free alternative - all the better.

...and as a side note, if you'd change to linux, you won't need all these apps in the first place...

I use all those (adaware, spybot, zonealarm) and still get viruses and malwares. Could it be it get them because excessive use of the internet for ...umm "male necessities"?:blushing:.

well, you can try swtching to opera 9 or firefox, IE is one big security hole.
and remember to check the security settings of your browser, allowing activeX, javascripts, etc. from any site is a big no-no.

if you're very paranoid, I've heard of people who work their browser from an emulator (virtual machine), so the spyware isn't installed into your real system.

but i strongly recommand linux for anyone who just wants to surf the net, write documents/email, watch movies, play music and chat, it's security is much much better without you doing anything about it.
ever since compiz, linux is also more fun and productive to use then windows (atleast for me) - switching tasks and managing multiple desktops is much easier and elegant.

Last edited:
To protect my computer I use a combonation of

-Spybot Search and Destroy
-AVG anti-virus (a very good program)
-Firefox web browser (everybody loves firefox)

Not a very big fan of Norton. I've used Panda, but they have issues with Windows updates. Twice already Panda caused some really bad problems in a server due to incompatibility with a Windows update. Right now i don't have a favorite, but i lean towards Trend Micro.

1. What is Systemworks and how does it work?

Systemworks is a software program designed to protect your computer from viruses and malware. It works by constantly scanning your system for any potential threats and blocking them before they can cause harm.

2. Is Systemworks effective against all types of viruses and malware?

Systemworks is designed to protect against a wide range of viruses and malware, including known and unknown threats. However, it is important to regularly update the software to ensure it is equipped to handle new threats.

3. Will Systemworks slow down my computer's performance?

Systemworks is designed to have minimal impact on your computer's performance. The software runs in the background and only uses a small amount of system resources, so you can continue to use your computer without any noticeable slowdown.

4. Can Systemworks remove viruses and malware that are already on my computer?

Yes, Systemworks has a built-in virus and malware removal tool that can scan and remove any existing threats on your computer. It is recommended to run a full system scan regularly to ensure your computer is clean.

5. Is Systemworks compatible with all operating systems?

Systemworks is compatible with most major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is important to check the system requirements before installing the software to ensure compatibility.