1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Take College Algebra and study for Trigonometry?

1. May 12, 2016 #1
    Hello. I am a sophomore and I attend an Early College High school. I am currently in Geometry this year and I will be taking Algebra II during the first half of summer. To account for the second half-credit of Algebra II, I will be taking College Algebra in the second half of summer. Throughout the entire summer, I want to self-study for Trigonometry so I can place into Precalculus through the Texas Compass Test which I will then take Precalculus in the fall.

I want to know anything about this idea, whether it's a good idea or if it's a bad idea, how I should study, whether it is recommended or not, etc. Thank you for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2016 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Bad idea unless you have a true strong talent for Algebra and Trigonometry. Your summer sections are too short for effective learning of Algebra II. Better would be take a full course of Algebra 2. Maybe it can be studied in one term but for high school, it would normally be split into two semesters.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted