1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking Numerical Analysis next semester. How should I prepare?

1. Dec 3, 2012 #1
    Hi. I'm a math major but this semester I couldn't take any math class except for a stats course. I already took introductory linear algebra and calc III, which were the prereqs for the numerical analysis.

However, I'm on academic probation and really need to get stellar grades next semester. What are some very important concepts I should have complete mastery over before tackling numerical analysis?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2012 #2
    Can't answer your question, but I would ask my instructor if I were you and I would get the text book in advance and start reading.

4. Dec 3, 2012 #3

ZombieFeynman

Gold Member

What is the course description.

5. Dec 3, 2012 #4

MarneMath

Education Advisor

It depends. I would find someone who has taken the class and ask them what kind of projects were done. My numerical analysis classes mostly dealt with learning theory of some technique (which was the easy part) and then using it in some program, so thus it would behoove you to be comfortable with whatever program they require.

6. Dec 4, 2012 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook