Taming Long-Haired Cat Mats: A Must-Have for Cat Owners

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
51 replies · 7K views
Okay, Here's our boy Mies.
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cat2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hypermorphism said:
Ph34r the eyes!

How's the shedding ? :biggrin: Curiously, it's the tabbies that seem to shed the most around here. Fluffy (the long-haired) doesn't shed much at all.
They love my fabric covered chair. I have to be careful with black pants! [itex]\dot {x}[/itex] vacumns a LOT and combs them frequently! So we keep it pretty well under control.
 
Integral, those cats are really beautiful. I don't think we saw any them, did we?

If you've never seen one you should love the mat comb. Tsu had exactly the right idea by using a thread cutter, but someone has already taken the same idea to its logical limit.
 
Last edited:
Janus said:
Okay, Here's our boy Mies.
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cat2.jpg
My[/URL] favorite is the head sticking out!

Lots of cute cats here. :approve:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
These are Lilli and Silvio(the little guy, well hidden on the sofa, he a real fatso now...)

marlon
 
Last edited:
Again Lilli, the beautiful hands are mine

marlon
 
Last edited:
DocToxyn said:
Sorry to break up the cat theme, but I only have ectotherms. The tortoise, a greek, is Argos (Gus for short) and the newt is Thomas.
Awww, I always had turtles growing up. I had the traditional red ear (which could "run like the wind"), but I also had a softshell turtle, and an alligator snapping turtle.

There are a lot of ponds around where I live and I'm always having to stop my car and pick up turtles starting to crawl into the road. I found one at the bottom of my driveway recently. It was huge. I had to let my neighbor handle that one.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Integral, those cats are really beautiful. I don't think we saw any them, did we?

If you've never seen one you should love the mat comb. Tsu had exactly the right idea by using a thread cutter, but someone has already taken the same idea to its logical limit.
Ivan,
Fuzzy and Chunky only reluctantly stay in a room when I enter, when a stranger is in the house they are under the bed! Pinky is the friendliest. When she was just a tiny kitten she may have stunned herself biting into a 120V cord. She made a trip to the vet because we could not understand why she was drooling and lethargic. After that she was more of a people cat. I do not understand why the males are so skittish, these guys are absolutely babied. Animals :rolleyes:
 
Tsu had the Persian when we first met. And even though Yiddo was still young [as was Tsu :rolleyes: ] , and even though I'm a total cat and dog person, it literally took years for her [the cat] to warm up to me; five or six years in fact! Tsu warmed up right away though. :biggrin:

Some cats, even some breeds seem to be spooky - Persians for one, more so than others I think.
.
 
We have had all of these since kittens. (Fuzzy is dad to litter mates Pinky and chunky) Mom is another story.
 
Clausius2 said:
The prettiest are Integral cats. A wonderful photo, man.

Hey man, what's up... First you put your ass on my country and now you disrespect my cats ? Do i need to come over to Madrid? :cool:

marlon o:)
 
marlon said:
These are Lilli and Silvio(the little guy, well hidden on the sofa, he a real fatso now...)

marlon
Lilli doesn't seem pleased that you caught her before she finished sawing down your plant.
 
Danger said:
Lilli doesn't seem pleased that you caught her before she finished sawing down your plant.

Again, you are right...like i said before : you have sharp eyes. Are you some kind of FBI or CIA-officer ?

ps : i really like you night-time-picture : you look very 'partylike' :smile:

nice

marlon
 
marlon said:
Again, you are right...like i said before : you have sharp eyes. Are you some kind of FBI or CIA-officer ?
You should know that I can't tell you that.:rolleyes:

marlon said:
ps : i really like you night-time-picture : you look very 'partylike' :smile:

nice

marlon
I'm not sure what that says about the night-life in Belgium... :bugeye:
 
Danger said:
You should know that I can't tell you that.:rolleyes:
Ofcourse, what was i thinking

I'm not sure what that says about the night-life in Belgium... :bugeye:
Good point, i shall post some picture tonight, just to give you an idea

marlon
 
Evo said:
Awww, I always had turtles growing up. I had the traditional red ear (which could "run like the wind"), but I also had a softshell turtle, and an alligator snapping turtle.

Wow, brains, beauty and now a turtle-lover, one more mark for Evo on the perfect woman checklist :!) . Snappers are my definite favorite (we only have the common variety up here), they have such bad attitudes. Softshells aren't that friendly either.

evo said:
There are a lot of ponds around where I live and I'm always having to stop my car and pick up turtles starting to crawl into the road. I found one at the bottom of my driveway recently. It was huge. I had to let my neighbor handle that one.

I do the same thing, although the one time I convinced my wife to stop so I could dash across a three lane highway to save a eastern box turtle got me in a lot of trouble.
 
I've always loved turtles. Living in Houston, we had alligator snappers. The snapper and softshell really made their water dirty. My red ear, Roger, was much cleaner. I still miss Roger, he escaped one day when I had him outside. :cry: I'd had him for at least 5 years.

And the first official sign of spring. My cat just walked into the room and exploded into a cloud of fur.
 
Evo said:
And the first official sign of spring. My cat just walked into the room and exploded into a cloud of fur.

:smile: :smile: :smile: Dr. Who was like that in the late spring. He would shake and nearly disappear in mass of floating hair.

As for turtles, one of our family's favorite vacation stories involves my little sister, who was all of seven or eight years old at the time, and who wanted to catch a fish. So when we had to opportunity to do a little pond fishing we hooked her up. After waiting anxiously for a time, finally she got a bite; a really big bite! She fought for all she was worth and finally reeled the thing into shore. When it emerged from the water, it was not a fish, but rather a huge snapping turtle who was seriously tick off. My sister took one look, dropped her pole, and ran the other direction.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
When it emerged from the water, it was not a fish, but rather a huge snapping turtle who was seriously tick off. My sister took one look, dropped her pole, and ran the other direction.
All in all, a fairly astute appraisal of, and reaction to, the situation. :approve: