Teen uses Fibonacci sequence to make solar energy breakthrough

In summary: no citations, just "tree design outperforms flat panels by 50% during winter" with no explanation as to how or why this is so.
That's fine for a science fair. Certainly better than a baking soda volcano. At least he made a hypothesis, devised an experiment, and made measurements to test it. It doesn't have to be more than that.

Physics news on Phys.org
sendthis said:
However, just because someone spends a modicum of effort, doesn't mean there isn't a definitive answer.
Er, sure, but so what? That someone spends a modicum of effort does mean we cannot label his results as definitive.

Well, this is the part I took exception with the most.
That's fine, but I'm taking exception to other parts of your post, such as where you seem to be defending -- even praising -- the way the media handles things like this.

I think you have a pet issue that you are overly focused on, leaving you blind to the significant harm that the media has done both to this kid and possibly to others.

DaveC426913 said:
Yes, which can be done with any configuration just by spacing them out more - and taking up more room. That is not an advantage specific to this design.

I thought this design would take up more vertical space and let more sun hit the ground.