Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Teletubbies Celebrate 10 Years on TV

1. Mar 30, 2007 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Eh Oh!

The "lovable" (or despicable, or scary) Teletubbies celebrate 10 years on TV! Long live Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po. I love them, especially Tinky Winky, just because they annoy Jerry Falwell so much!

:rofl:

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2007 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My dad had to watch hours and hours of the teletubbies because it was so popular with grandkids. Dad now hates the teletubbies. :biggrin:

4. Mar 31, 2007 #3

Air

Haha. There are a legend. Most Kid's Heros. :tongue:

[​IMG]

5. Mar 31, 2007 #4
    It is because of pingu and teletubbies that I am spiteful, sometimes.

6. Mar 31, 2007 #5
    They are the cause of all that is wrong with the world today.

What happened to Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fud?

7. Mar 31, 2007 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

They are living very happily on Boomerang, and in Looney Tunes Golden Collections.

Zz.

8. Mar 31, 2007 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do the Teletubbies actually do anything besides running around and saying "uh oh"? :biggrin:

Actually, I found their sets and animations to be quite unique. The big smiling baby face in the sun is clever, and I noticed that the kids watching always smiled right back. I was also struck by the exaggerated size of cute stuff, like the rabbits. Also, it has an almost a 60's/Alice in Wonderland like quality...sort of like Easy Rider for three year olds.

9. Mar 31, 2007 #8

radou

Homework Helper

Good point. :smile:

10. Mar 31, 2007 #9

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Road Runner used to piss me off to no end man. Why couldn't Wile E. Coyote catch him? WHY? :mad:

Edit: lol ... I just remembered a family guy bit where Peter is driving with Wile E. and they run over Road Runner with their car, and Peter says something like "Oh jeez, did we hit that guy?" and Wile E. replies "No. Keep going." :biggrin:

Also a Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd clip:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  11. Mar 31, 2007 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I watched it for like 2 minutes one time, and I thought I could never recover from the biggest waste of time I ever experienced. I fully recovered a week later, luckily. :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?