The 2013 Member Awards are here now - cast your vote

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
27 replies · 5K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
The 2013 Member Awards will be in town on Dec 10th. Voting will last one week. Be sure to visit and cast your vote for your favorite members. Who knows, maybe you'll be on the ballot!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Woooo!
Evo for President!
Phinds for VP!
Drakkith for supreme overlord of the multiverse!
 
drakkith said:
woooo!
Evo for president!
Phinds for vp!
Drakkith for supreme overlord of the multiverse!
wooot!
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Two days till the polls open!

Is it too early to demand a recount?
 
Drakkith said:
Is it too early to demand a recount?
We recounted the days till the polls open, and we can confirm the result of two.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
mfb said:
We recounted the days till the polls open, and we can confirm the result of two.

Lies and slander. You're obviously on the "other" side of the politico-physics Z axis.
 
Drakkith said:
Woooo!
Evo for President!
Phinds for VP!
Drakkith for supreme overlord of the multiverse!

Woof !
 
If you haven't already done so, please take time to vote in the award categories. Voting has been open for two days, and the biggest vote count I've seen is only about 40. With as many active members we have, that should be a lot higher.
 
Mark44 said:
If you haven't already done so, please take time to vote in the award categories. Voting has been open for two days, and the biggest vote count I've seen is only about 40. With as many active members we have, that should be a lot higher.

Perhaps their needs to be an obvious announcement in other areas of the forums? I know I rarely come to the FF&A section.
 
I have a notice with a link to the voting at the top of the page. The turn out for voting seems normal.
 
Evo said:
I have a notice with a link to the voting at the top of the page. The turn out for voting seems normal.

Psh! That notice is waaaay too bland. It needs neon lights, fireworks, and blaring sirens.
 
Drakkith said:
Psh! That notice is waaaay too bland. It needs neon lights, fireworks, and blaring sirens.

Give it up ... we're not going to vote you supreme overlord :smile:
 
phinds said:
Give it up ... we're not going to vote you supreme overlord :smile:

This saddens me...
 
Drakkith said:
This saddens me...

See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like? It should make you furious :smile:

You should be brandishing your sword.

You do have a sword, don't you?
 
Last edited:
So the main contenders are-

  1. White-Witch-throne.jpg

  2. Lorek-Byrnison-armoured-polar-bear-golden-compass3.jpg

  3. doom-art-original.jpg
...
...
...
Wonderland secedes.
​
 
They just don't know guys. Personally, I can only intelligently make a reasonable vote on only two categories. The rest, I just don't engage in enough to know who's who and so I only voted on two.
 
phinds said:
See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like? It should make you furious :smile:

You should be brandishing your sword.

You do have a sword, don't you?

I have several pens, and as Shakespeare will tell you, the pen is occasionally mightier than the sword.
 
Drakkith said:
I have several pens, and as Shakespeare will tell you, the pen is occasionally mightier than the sword.

OK, good point.
 
Drakkith said:
This saddens me...

phinds said:
See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like?

As eny fule kno, the REAL supreme overlord says...
original.jpg
 
AlephZero said:
As eny fule kno, the REAL supreme overlord says...
original.jpg

That is PERFECT ... looks exactly like Drakkith :smile:
 
phinds said:
That is PERFECT ... looks exactly like Drakkith :smile:

I am FAR cuter than that.
 
Turn-out at the polls have been awesome this year it appears. Anyone know or have any statistics for past Member Awards voter turn-outs?