The BEAST's 50 Most Loathsome Americans of 2007

• News
  • Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
In summary, the list has the charges against the person, the evidence against them, and their sentence. check out what they have to say about people like YOU (especially), Bill O'Reilly, John Hagee, Ann Coulter, the founding fathers, Duane Chapman or any of the current presidential candidates.
fourier jr
the list has the charges against the person, the evidence against them, and their sentence. check out what they have to say about people like YOU (especially), Bill O'Reilly, John Hagee, Ann Coulter, the founding fathers, Duane Chapman or any of the current presidential candidates:
http://www.buffalobeast.com/122/50mostloathsome2007.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The Bush/Cheney caricature creeps me out.

LOL. number 9 is easily the best one.

funny and so true.

Wait a minute. You isn't more loathsome than Anne Coulter, Michael Vick, or Albert Gonzalez. In fact, Michael Chertoff isn't more loathsome than those three.

And Lou Dobbs surely has to rate as more loathsome than any TV host that still has a program. The guy has slowly descended into near insanity.

BobG said:
And Lou Dobbs surely has to rate as more loathsome than any TV host that still has a program. The guy has slowly descended into near insanity.

Why do you say that? He is out to save the middle class, which indeed needs saving.

He goes over the edge at times but his aim is dead-on. And people who want to sell-out this country call him a racist amoung other things, but he's not. You can always tell when someone speaks the truth: He is accused of saying everything except what he actually said.

Dobbs has done more to help get illegal immigration under control than anyone. He is a great American fighting for working-class Americans, every day.

He was also one of two lightnings rods that created the storm of controversy that stopped Bush from turning control of our ports over to Dubai.

Last edited:
Ha ha, Fourier jr. where in the hell did you find "The BEAST". It's so far left-wing its nearly terrorist sanctioned!

Ivan Seeking said:
Why do you say that? He is out to save the middle class, which indeed needs saving.
I'm confused Ivan. I thought that you hated the American people. Why do you want to save them? Also, I thought you wanted to become an immigrant yourself. Do you really think you can make immigrants suffer here and they will accept you when you go there?

Lou Dobbs reports on the downside of immigrants taking jobs as producers, but ignores the upside of them providing jobs as consumers.

BobG said:
And Lou Dobbs surely has to rate as more loathsome than any TV host that still has a program.
Did O'Reilly lose his show?

jimmysnyder said:
I'm confused Ivan. I thought that you hated the American people.

Perhaps you can show me where I said that. I have said that the American people who have supported this illegal regime [Bush] have failed their own system and betrayed American ideals.

Why do you want to save them?

I am interested in saving what soldiers die for - the Constitution.

Also, I thought you wanted to become an immigrant yourself.

A legal immigrant, yes, and only because I now fear our government and what has been happening in this country - support of torture, an illegal war where the perpetrators go unpunished and remain in power, preemptive strikes, secret prisons, spying on US citizens without legal review, prisoners held without legal recourse, the trashing of the Geneva Conventions, and now even preemptive arrests, for example. These are literally examples of what defined the enemy not that long ago. I don't want to end up an old man living in a totalitarian state. If most Americans no longer value the Constitution, then America is dead.

Do you really think you can make immigrants suffer here and they will accept you when you go there?

I welcome legal immigrants with open arms.

Lou Dobbs reports on the downside of immigrants taking jobs as producers, but ignores the upside of them providing jobs as consumers.

Lou Dobbs has nothing against legal immigrants. He also supports an effective migrant worker policy. What is at stake is control of the border, which is the primary job of the federal government - yet another failure of the system because of people like Bush selling-out this country.

Last edited:
binzing said:
Ha ha, Fourier jr. where in the hell did you find "The BEAST". It's so far left-wing its nearly terrorist sanctioned!
I wouldn't say that it's necessarily left-wing, since it targets some who are considered left-wing, albeit very few. On the other hand, it's interesting that Michael Moore is not on the list.

Is there no one these guys dislike, or conversely is there anyone these guys like?

I wonder if they are into self-loathing.

Astronuc said:
I wouldn't say that it's necessarily left-wing, since it targets some who are considered left-wing, albeit very few. On the other hand, it's interesting that Michael Moore is not on the list.

I was surprised that Barack Obama didn't make the list. He's said that he would attack Pakistan's nuclear facilities if a non-US-friendly regime ever took over. He'd even invade Pakistan without their permission if the Taliban ever spread there from Afghanistan. Ron Paul didn't make the list either, he's said the US should withdraw from the UN, the WTO, he'd abolish major federal departments like education & commerce, has said he'd let market forces sort out the situation in Darfur (ie at some point it would become uneconomical)...

edit: here's my exhibit A against Ron Paul
"Though I'm not sure just now what that details of Darfur's Market-solution should look like just now, I'm way too busy, I do think it's clear the janjaweed needs to be incentivized somehow to stop its genocide. But, if the invisible hand decrees that the Darfurians being slaughtered should be wiped out, it's probably for the best."

& Obama:
"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will."

Last edited:
Astronuc, if you read any of the other articles on the site, you'll see that it does infact state that it is left-wing.

Astronuc said:
On the other hand, it's interesting that Michael Moore is not on the list.
Also Sean Hannity!

Ivan Seeking said:
I have said that the American people who have supported this illegal regime [Bush] have failed their own system and betrayed American ideals.
You're right, you never used the word hate. My bad. But I should be excused. The hatred fairly drips.

That whole thing about legal vs illegal immigration is a distinction without a difference. If the only problem with illegal immigrants is that they are illegal, then make them legal. You know, like NORML says about marijuana. It is especially hypocritical to make this distinction when you plan to take advantage of it. If there is a problem with illegal immigrants other than their illegality, what is it? If Americans are betrayers and foreigners are undesirables, what's left? Where will you go?

binzing said:
Astronuc, if you read any of the other articles on the site, you'll see that it does infact state that it is left-wing.
Ick! I'd rather not read the rest of the site, but please show me where the authors or the site indicates that they/it are left-wing.

It's mostly a vulgar rant, and it's not something I'll go back and read over and over. Once is more than enough.

So if these guys are going after H. Clinton, Pelosi and Reid, then does that infer that they are right of left?

Isn't there someone in the middle willing to step up are represent the people of the US rather than one of two political parties? Don't we deserve better than this? Someone? Anyone?

I've got $12 in my pocket, and some change. It's yours if you register as a candidate for President in 2008. :biggrin:

Example one:
http://www.buffalobeast.com/122/*******.htm

Astronuc said:
So if these guys are going after H. Clinton, Pelosi and Reid, then does that infer that they are right of left?
It infers that they are so far to the left that Clinton is to their right. Essentially, their biggest complaint about those two is that they don't have the guts to be further to the left.

The *******.htm in binzing's link doesn't help.

I'll take your word for it. It's not a site that I would care to go back to. :rolleyes:

Yeah, its kind of (actually really) abrasive.

binzing said:
Slimey and abrasive. :yuck:

jimmysnyder said:
You're right, you never used the word hate. My bad. But I should be excused. The hatred fairly drips.

Actually if you are going to put words into my mouth then there is no excuse. What I hate is the Bush/Cheney/Rove agenda and the rape of the Constitution. Any loyal American has no choice; according to the Constutition. Do I like people who are supporting the destruction of this country? Of course not. Don't expect me to be willing to die for the Constitution when I'm twenty but not worry about it now.

When we get the border under control, then we can talk about legalization and how many immigrants are allowed to enter each year. But first we control the borders and stop the uncontrolled invasion. In the mean time, the Republicans should quit lying about how this is not taking jobs away from legal citizens.

Last edited:
binzing said:

Astronuc said:
Slimey and abrasive. :yuck:

It's no slimier than people like Ann Coulter or Bill O'Reilly, not as far as I'm concerned. & they don't even propagate lies.

fourier jr said:
the list has the charges against the person, the evidence against them, and their sentence. check out what they have to say about people like YOU (especially), Bill O'Reilly, John Hagee, Ann Coulter, the founding fathers, Duane Chapman or any of the current presidential candidates:
http://www.buffalobeast.com/122/50mostloathsome2007.html

fourier jr said:
It's no slimier than people like Ann Coulter or Bill O'Reilly, not as far as I'm concerned. & they don't even propagate lies.

Oh yes, yes. You forgot #28: "The Troops" "Charges: Rubes, the lot of 'em. Sentence: Walter Reed."
There's plenty of 'loathsome' sites out their but I'd say this would be top 3.

Gokul43201 said:
Did O'Reilly lose his show?

Gokul43201 said:
Also Sean Hannity!

Ah, I did forget Hannity. He'd have to rate #1 on the list of loathsome news talk hosts:

1. Hannity
2. Dobbs
3.(tie) O no! (O'Reilly and Olberman)

I've never watched Glenn Beck or that woman that drove someone to suicide, so I can't put them in my list.

Ivan Seeking said:
Actually if you are going to put words into my mouth then there is no excuse.
Very judicious use of the word if, seeing as I never did that.

Read through the first 5 on the linked site and couldn't make it through the rest. THey're (the site) entitled to their opinion but they just seem to be a bunch of bitter, spiteful, hate filled people.

IMO it's a good name for the site because they say some beastly stuff.

1. Who is ranked as the #1 most loathsome American on the list?

The top spot on the list of "The BEAST's 50 Most Loathsome Americans of 2007" was given to President George W. Bush. This decision was based on his actions as commander-in-chief, including the Iraq War and the handling of Hurricane Katrina, as well as his administration's policies on torture and domestic surveillance.

2. How were the individuals on the list chosen?

The list was compiled by The BEAST, an alternative news and satire website, and was based on a combination of reader nominations and the editors' own research and opinions. The individuals selected were deemed to be the most influential and damaging figures in American politics, media, and society during 2007.

3. Were any notable figures left off the list?

As with any list, there were likely some individuals who could have been included but were not. The BEAST's criteria for selection included notoriety, power, and harm done to the country and its citizens, so some individuals who may have been disliked or controversial may not have met these criteria.

4. Is there a specific order to the rankings on the list?

While the list does have a number ranking, the order is somewhat arbitrary and should not be taken too seriously. The BEAST's intention was to highlight the negative impact of these individuals, not to definitively rank them in order of "loathsomeness."

5. Has The BEAST published similar lists in other years?

Yes, The BEAST has been publishing its list of the "50 Most Loathsome Americans" annually since 2004. The publication has also published lists for other years, including "The BEAST 50 Most Loathsome People in America" in 2010 and "The BEAST 50 Most Loathsome Americans of 2016." These lists continue to be popular among readers and generate discussion and debate.