• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

The Financial aid committee approved my appeal

Main Question or Discussion Point

The financial committee approved my appeal but its too late. I've already gave up on their answer to help extend my financial aid because I went over 150% of my credits. The classes I need were Intermediate Spanish and asked them to give me calc 3. They agreed to give me both of these classes, however; classes has already started and there's no more to register.

I already turned in an application as a transfer student to University at Buffalo along with my final transcript. Should I tell them that it was too late to help me now?

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that its only to get an A.A. degree and the university at Buffalo does not require an A.A. to transfer. I already have 95 credits from the community college.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Try talking to the registrar or the professors of the classes. They might let an extra student in if you explain the situation. That is, if you're not dead-set on transferring.

At my school, even if the classes say they're closed sometimes they leave a few spots open for students who need them in that major. If you talk to someone, I'm sure they might be able to help out given the circumstances.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Agree with the above posters.

The computer system does not know your special circumstances. Talk to an actual person in the registrars office or with the professors for the courses. You still have options, but you need to talk to a real person.

Try talking to the registrar or the professors of the classes. They might let an extra student in if you explain the situation. That is, if you're not dead-set on transferring.
I already sent everything required at UB and they gave me a person's number. Also, I heard that I can dodge the foreign language requirement courses because getting n A.A. is not required for this university. Any thoughts on that?