The glory that is the Texas justice system

• News
  • Thread starter WannabeNewton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    System
In summary: I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it...I warned you...I'm gonna shoot...I told you I was gonna shoot...BANG...Oh no, I killed him. Well, I was in my right to do so, I did warn him. I just hope I don't get convicted of murder.That's a pretty bad law in my opinion. I feel sorry for the family of the deceased. The man is a killer, he should at least be charged with manslaughter. I don't think it's right to kill someone for stealing from you. You don't see people getting shot in the head for stealing from Wallmart and that's a big company with a lot of
I just spent more time than I had intended researching this on non-social media. Things are sparse, frankly. Most of what's on the intertubes are people citing very indirect sources and working themselves up in a tizzy. Here are some reported facts that are not to be found on the tizzynet.

1. The jury was not given instructions that they could convict Gilbert on manslaughter. The difference between murder and manslaughter is intent, and that means that the prosecution needs to prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. Gilbert claims that he was attempting to stop the fleeing car by shooting out the tires. As it happens, the tire was hit, and a fragment from that bullet hit Frango.

3. Defense lawyers offered up multiple defenses (which is their duty), including the one that got everyone worked up. The defendant's own lawyer doesn't think that the jury was convinced by it. Contrary to what one might think by reading Salon or the Huffington Post, juries do not return a legal analysis of their decision.

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
It's unfortunate that this thread could not start with the above (1-3).

nsaspook said:
Being a Texas native I understand the mindset. People don't take kindly to low down night crawling scum.

Hey that guy took my lawn gnome, stop him!

Haha that video is brutal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back