The Impact of Human Actions on Animals: A Call to Action

• Thread starter Ascetic Anchorite
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Documentary
In summary, the documentary Earthlings highlights the awful way humans treat animals on a daily basis. It is alarming to see the cruelty that is commonplace, and it is important for everyone to understand what is happening.
Ascetic Anchorite
There is a documentary called Earthlings. Every single person should view this documentary and understand what happens to animals at the hands of humans. What humans do to animals on a daily basis in industry, for sport and entertainment, and in vivisection laboratories is abhorrent; it is barbaric and unnecessarily cruel.

If only people would take a little time out to consider the cruelty done in their name:

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.
--Dr. Albert Schweitzer

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1282796533661048967&q=Earthlings

Earthlings home page: www.isawearthlings.com

Earthlings highlights, through multi-source video footage capturing real-life animal treatment, the usual way mankind behaves. This documentary shows the regular way man treats animals. The cases it highlights are, to the greater part, not isolated and not unusual. That is what makes the situation here on Earth all the more harrowing.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
--Mahatma Gandhi

It is not my intention to start any heated debates here, merely to bring to your attention this documentary. There is plenty of information on the issues it illustrates available for those who are serious about learning of them.

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
--Leonardo Da Vinci

I challenge you to make the connection.

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, that's the essence of inhumanity.
--George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
There is a line somewhere between respect for animals and common sense. I agree that there are some cases where animals are mistreated. But I think you would be wrong to say that most ranchers are not respectful of their livestock and treat them in a bad fashion.

Quotes like "Eventually milking cows, like this one, don't get exersize, and collapse from exhaustion after 4 years... blah blah blah blah blah"... these are all oddities, my father and grandfather both farmed (until my father was around 15 or something) and I am sure that their cattle got lots of excersize as my father had to let them out to graze every morning.

Again, there are cases where this stuff happens, but this video is almost like propaganda, it makes it out to seem that every rancher treats his livestock like crap, and it just isn't the case.

I love how they introduce Hitler into the equation too, classic.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to agree with don't. People that subsist off the land are not intentionally torturing animals, they may be among some of the most humane people on earth.

I love animals and can't bear to see any killed but the fact is that humans are made to consume meat, it's natural. Using the by proiducts is avoiding waste. We don't need to go into posts of killing for fur, I'm opposed to it, but we're not going to get started in an endless discussion.

What is "Earthlings" documentary?

"Earthlings" is a 2005 documentary film directed by Shaun Monson, which explores the various ways in which humans use animals for food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research. It is narrated by Joaquin Phoenix and features footage from hidden cameras and undercover investigations.

What is the purpose of "Earthlings" documentary?

The purpose of "Earthlings" is to shed light on the exploitation and mistreatment of animals by humans, and to raise awareness about the consequences of these actions on the environment, our health, and the animals themselves. The film aims to encourage viewers to make more ethical and compassionate choices in their daily lives.

Who should watch "Earthlings" documentary?

"Earthlings" is recommended for anyone who is interested in learning about the impact of human actions on animals and the planet. It is suitable for all ages, but some scenes of animal cruelty and violence may be disturbing for younger viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

Is "Earthlings" documentary based on factual information?

Yes, "Earthlings" is based on factual information and real-life footage. The film includes interviews with experts in various fields such as animal rights activists, environmentalists, and scientists, who provide evidence and insights into the impacts of human activities on animals and the environment.

How can I watch "Earthlings" documentary?

"Earthlings" is available to watch online through various streaming platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube. It can also be purchased or rented on DVD or Blu-ray. Additionally, screenings of the film may be organized by local animal rights groups or environmental organizations.