1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The ionosphere

1. Jul 30, 2011 #1
    So as what i understand of this piece of our sky is that it is a bunch of ions collected together that does what? I know that we bounce radio signals off of it for HAM radios and other types of communications. I dont understand the ionosphere very much and would like to learn. What happens if it is damaged? how does it get damaged?

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 30, 2011 #3
    ok cool thanks. Its interesting some of the conspericy theories out about the ionosphere. any explanation on haarp?
    thanks

EDIT

let me reword that. I noticed the article on haarp. I have looked over it but i have my doubts bout it becuse to me, it would take a crap load of energy to do what some theorist say. haha.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. Jul 31, 2011 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

HAARP, the actual research program, looks like a normal program. I can't see anything that would be suspicious. The theory's and accusations otherwise are completely unfounded and typical of conspiracy theorists everywhere. Now, lets no longer talk about that, as it would be better to start a new thread in the Debunking forum.

6. Jul 31, 2011 #5

LOL, thats what i say. it would take soooo much energy to manipulate teh ionsphere . Anyway thanks for all the info.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook