The Mathematics of the Gods and the Algorithms of Men

• Thread starter epenguin
  • Start date
epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Answers and Replies

(The reviewer is qualified - a lecturer in history of science at Edinburgh University, and in case you don't think that is enough, he is American :smile: )
But you are aware of the fact that History + Edinburgh is far more convincing than History + American? I could write a book about the latter!

And the review is quite convincing in my opinion.

epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
But you are aware of the fact that History + Edinburgh is far more convincing than History + American? I could write a book about the latter!

Well you may say that Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for mathematics, the cultural world is one country, but I believe I have observed that in practice academia can sometimes be a bit more parochial about trust and reputation than the ideal so I thought to disarm any possible wariness on that account - just in case, I said, just in case. :oldbiggrin:

Last edited:
(The reviewer is qualified - a lecturer in history of science at Edinburgh University, and in case you don't think that is enough, he is American :smile: )

http://mbarany.com/

Is the fact that he is American, (do you mean a US citizen?), meant to be reassuring or the exact opposite?

Cheers