Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The physics concept most indicative of reality

1. Nov 22, 2008 #1
    What physical theory represents best fundamental and universal experience?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2008 #2
    I want to know that too

For me there would be a fundamental theory but it cannot represent all the universe experience of our world, because I believe in the nothingness (I am not talking about religious nothingness concept) that comes to create the whole universe and then diversified. If something that created from something then the world will become chaotic and not following the fundamental physical creation. If it come out from nothingness then the whole world will follow a fundamental way but diverse in somewhat somehow way, however the way of diversion can be studied but it is currently very unknown.
  4. Nov 23, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Nov 23, 2008 #4
    I always have felt that if we could establish a relationship between the price of a donut and the price of a donut hole it would convey some profound meaning. Perhaps something about nothingness, as lol1986 mentions. It probably sounds like I'm joking but it really seems to me that there's something I'm not grasping or cannot articulate about that, as if it's a Zen koan. But I guess that would be economics rather than physics.
  6. Nov 23, 2008 #5
    My vote is:

1) Symmetry
    2) Information theories

Definition of a shin: A device used to find furniture in the dark
  7. Nov 23, 2008 #6

Gold Member

Schroedinger is really alluring here, but I don't know what "universal experience" means (I'm too timid to speak for the rock). It's in my heart's desire to describe the Hilbert Space as the strands of universal existence, and that's why I cannot choose this option.

This must be it as long as quarks don't have feelings...

but I might be tempted by f = dp/dt
  8. Nov 23, 2008 #7

Since everything is in motion and it gives rise to time, i'd say - Motion and the speed of light c.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?