Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique said:
the way humans of different backgrounds should be getting along :approve:
http://home.student.uva.nl/monique.vandervoet/peace.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

Well, I don't know if the dog has the best position going...I would turn that cat around :yuck: :biggrin:

Those are great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I LOVE the "bunk cats" picture! And young Minoush -- isn't that SWEET!??!!

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique said:
Tsu/Ivan: you seem to have some funky pet names :wink: which one is your favorite?

Anoushka is definately my favorite (Minoush's sister), we seem to have some Russian names going on (together with Sasha) :biggrin:
Favorite name...hmmm...probably Dr Who. For one, Tsu liked to say things like, "Doctor, shut up!" [which she has been holding back for years at work]. As for me, I have a particular fondness for time lord names. :biggrin:

I always liked Crash; named as such since because when I first found her running loose on the highway, I nearly crashed my car while trying to avoid hitting her. Then Dirt...eh...probably can't really pick a favorite.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
I LOVE the "bunk cats" picture! And young Minoush -- isn't that SWEET!??!!
They seem to be a little confused about the concept of bunk beds.

Tsu

Gold Member
Those are WONDERFUL picutres, Monique! I loved them ALL!! Sasha seems to just blend right into that blanket, doesn't she?! :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
An amusing Crash story. For a time we had sheep on the property; in this case the neighbors sheep. When they neuter the baby males they just put a small green rubber band around the family jewels and let them die and fall off. Crash would go around the pasture and "collect" the debris. After eating the rock mountain oysters she would bring us the rubber band. We saved them and returned them to the owners. :biggrin: As you can imagine, they were never quite sure how we managed to retrieve all of the rubber bands.
LOL! I used to have a handful of those little green rubber bands on my desk. Every once in a while, I used to run into a real chauvenist (thankfully, there aren't so many of those around anymore), and then I'd explain the purpose of the rubber bands :biggrin:

My friend's cat used to hunt rubber bands - the ordinary variety. It was the most hysterical thing. She never needed to look for a rubber band, just opened the front door and selected one from the pile the cat would leave there. That cat didn't hunt anything else, just rubber bands. We have no idea why other than that the cat is just nuts. Though, recently the cat learned how to catch mice and rubber bands have apparently gone out of fashion. It was much better when she just brought home rubber bands rather than dead critters :yuck:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
It was much better when she just brought home rubber bands rather than dead critters :yuck:
My Jellyroll went through a phase where she liked to bring me live snakes. Rubber bands would have been so much easier!

Moonbear, how many animals do you have?

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique said:
Actually he is named after a childrens cartoon character (also a red cat)
What does Het OPEN-en-DICHT-boek mean? Is that like a "pop-up book"?

Evo

Mentor
Monique said:
Another cute picture of Minoush and Dikkie Dik testing out the concept of bunk-beds:
That is so cute, that could win a photo contest!!!! :approve:

Monique, thank you for sharing all of your pics, I didn't realize you've had so many adorable animals. :smile:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
That is so cute, that could win a photo contest!!!! :approve:
No kitty is as cute as my little Bun. :mad: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Really Monique, they are all very cool looking kitties. I didn't realize that you are such an animal person. :approve:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
My Jellyroll went through a phase where she liked to bring me live snakes.
For Tsu, that may be the one and only unforgivable kitty sin. :rofl:

Things would get real interesting in a hurry at least.

No Snakes!!! Bad Kitty!!!

Kitty last seen moving along parabolic trajectory, over the creek...

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
No kitty is as cute as my little Bun. :mad: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Really Monique, they are all very cool looking kitties. I didn't realize that you are such an animal person. :approve:
I agree, Bun is absolutely adorable! There is something about the look in her eyes that worries me, I think dduardo expressed it well :uhh:
http://umsis.miami.edu/~dduardo/evil_genius_bun.png

I've always been around a lot of animals, they're just so much fun.

Math Is Hard said:
What does Het OPEN-en-DICHT-boek mean? Is that like a "pop-up book"?
It means the open-and-close-book, basically a parent can read the book to a child and explain the concept of having things opened and closed :) just look at the illustration :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
For Tsu, that may be the one and only unforgivable kitty sin. :rofl:
For a while there I thought Jelly was part mongoose! But yeah, it was definitely unpleasant business chasing her prey around the house.

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Every once in a while, I used to run into a real chauvenist (thankfully, there aren't so many of those around anymore), and then I'd explain the purpose of the rubber bands :biggrin:
In that context I really don't think that's very funny. :devil:

:biggrin: When they band those guys they sure do jump! :yuck:

When I had poor little spud neutered it about put me on my knees, but I won't get into that further. Not a nice story.

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh yes, I wanted to mention that at his peak, Dirt the Terd hit 26 Lbs! Trying to sleep at night was to have a foot fight for space with tub of lead.

Even the vet didn't know what to do. I say he just had big bones. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique said:
It means the open-and-close-book, basically a parent can read the book to a child and explain the concept of having things opened and closed :) just look at the illustration :tongue2:
I am going to get one of those books for my cat. She has trouble with the concept of open and closed doors. She also has trouble with "inside and outside". If she's in, she wants out, and if she's out, she wants in.