The Strange Things That You Like or Do

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary: I can talk to people I don't know.I like the smell of gasoline. Though, I never thought it was weird that I did.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Whatever applies.

I like the taste of sweet, strong coffee while I am eating double aged, extra sharp cheddar cheese. Same coffee and a salty turkey sandwich goes great as well.

As a Catholic School kid who went to church every morning for some years, I always liked the funerals. :surprise: Just for the smell though. [well, that doesn't sound much better does it? :yuck: :rofl: ... :yuck: ] I always liked the smell of the incense used in Catholic funerals. :rofl: Boy I cracked myself up on that one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like milk with ice cream.

I like to start mindless threads when I need to get back into some difficult [work] material and I am procrastinating. :biggrin:

Tsu likes ice in her milk. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
As I navigate through these treacherous middle-aged years, I find more and more that I eat my cereal dry instead of in milk.

i tend to eat no cereal anymore

cereal with water :D

Traditional spaghetti and sauce, with sour cream mixed in.

Now where is that VOMIT icon when I need it?

Did anyone ever eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches?

Peanut butter and bananas?

Ranch dressing with rice. You should try it some time.
Drinking juice with carrots, bannanas, pinapples...when eating cheesecake makes me feel better about my eating habits.

Ivan Seeking said:
Peanut butter and bananas?

Mmmmm, that's great stuff.

I like warm canned beer. Probably cause I find I can drink it faster.

One strange thing I like to do is to take parts of some of my stupid quetions over to this other forum and post them as non-sequitors in various threads. The threads there are usually inane chatter back and forth between cliquish young-type cool people with a few adopted oddballs thrown in. People almost never respond.

One sweet girl PM'd me and said she loved my posts, so that was nice. Another time a guy PM'd me and said: "I know what you're up to! You're an infiltrator from the church of the sub-genius!"

Somehow though, it appears to be very uncool to address me publically in the threads, there.

Just talking about it makes me want to go over and try to force a rise out of them.

LOL

I like to eat plastic and paper.

jimmy p said:
LOL

Is that it? I figured everything about you would you be weird, Jimmy.

I know jimmyp and trust me everything about him is weird.

Me i can't think of any strange things i like to do, but there must be something so i will think of something.

Chrono said:
Is that it? I figured everything about you would you be weird, Jimmy.

:rofl: :rofl: Well, as Andy said...

Yes I am quite an eccentric person but everything I do seems normal to me :approve: , its just everyone else that tells me eating paper and plastic is strange.

jimmy p said:
Yes I am quite an eccentric person but everything I do seems normal to me :approve: , its just everyone else that tells me eating paper and plastic is strange.

You know what? I think I'm the same way. Except I don't eat paper and plastic.

pork rinds and code red mountain dew are an unusual craving (together of course). having a traveling job allows me to eat the gas station goodies

peanut butter and bananas ROCK!

oysters and martinis are a new favorite down at the oyster bar in portland...

jimmy p said:
Marinated in a 40W motor oil. OOWIE! That's eatin.

Kerrie said:
peanut butter and bananas ROCK!

I'll second that! I've surely eaten more beanut butter & banana sandwiches in my life than all other types combined. Could this be ambrosia? :approve:

I like the smell of gasoline.

I enjoy agreeing with peoples' opinions in ways that make them question themselves. Even if I really do agree with their opinion.

I like to drive places even if it's just to drive back. My friends call me Taxi. Seattle is a preferred destination. I enjoy driving there because everyone else hates it. When you are in heavy traffic and everyone around you is equally pissed off, there is a certain sense of harmony that can be attained. Note: This doesn't work on the highway.

I enjoy meeting people and discussing things with them when I know I will never see them again. It helps me with my shyness.

Pergatory said:
I like the smell of gasoline.

I enjoy meeting people and discussing things with them when I know I will never see them again. It helps me with my shyness.

I like the smell of gasoline, too. Though, I never thought it was weird that I did.

I also feel you on meeting people. I really do need to get over my shyness, seriously.

Jon

Whatever applies.
I like to join Internet forum groups... :rofl:

Whatever applies...
I also like to join Internet forum groups...:rofl:

Peanut butter and pickled onion sandwiches.

Peanut butter and pickled gherkin sandwiches.

Rice with tomato sauce. Lots of tomato sauce.

Around my desk now I have textbooks for C++, psychology, archaeology, chemistry; a Latin-English dictionary, a Spanish-English dictionary, an atlas, the SBS World Guide, and The Complete Sherlock Holmes. I like to read a little from each now and then, in no particular order. After the Holmes stories I'll get started on the complete H. G. Wells collection my sister gave me. Also by the computer are some free weights and my navy service record.

Apart from books being everywhere, I like to have things mostly ordered and neat. I have very few possessions apart from books.

My phone is off the hook, because I hate those things, and I don't want to talk to people.

I have about 40 slots empty in my CD rack, above the computer, and about 20 CDs on the shelf beside it and atop the rack. Too lazy to put them in there. Above the CD rack, on the next shelf, are about 50 audio tapes, and my groovy leather chess board.

I often add LOTS of hot spices to food.

I'm surrounded by vinyards, but hardly drink booze at all.

I don't watch "reality TV" shows.

Sandwich: crunchy peanut butter, cheese, hot salami, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, mayonnaise, and anything else I can find.

I can make those funky little sushi roll things, but raw fish is yuck, so I just have vegies and such in there. I can't recall the name of the vegetarian rolls.

Hmmmmm. I like to eat toast, sandwiches (not necessarily hamburgers), pizza, other things with a crust-like edge from the crust in.

I prefer to eat things in even numbers. Example, if I eat a bowl of cheerios or something else that is pieces-type food, each bite needs to be an even number. I don't cry if I accidentally spoon in an odd number of O's or count out the cheerios to ensure an even number of O's in the bowl or anything like that. I mean jeez, I'm not that weird. LOL

Sometimes I will hide a small coin or something in a public place just to see if anyone else looks there. There is one example I can think of that was there for several years, but I haven't been back there for 8 years. I'm betting it's still there. Pretty much shows that NOBODY else thinks like me if it is. Otherwise, someone would have looked there and taken it or replaced it.

I REALLY enjoy getting people to say what they think I want to hear and then letting them know that it is NOT what I wanted to hear. I used to work as a customer service phone tech. Sometimes when helping a customer solve a problem I would ask them a question in a certain tone of voice to lead them into saying "Yes, I did it THIS way". Of course THIS way was truly the wrong thing to do it and I then let them know this. They then had no choice but to go back and work on it themselves since they obviously did it the 'wrong' way. Obviously they hadn't 'done their homework' otherwise they would have known how to answer my question honestly instead of falling for the old play on words. That skill has followed me into everyday life and social situations. You can really tell a lot about a person without them even knowing you are storing away little bits of information about them. Just one more thing that makes me who I am.

Somehow I find humor in things that NOBODY else does.

I still haven't outgrown the middle school immaturity:

Sometimes if I'm alone and eathing Doritos I will try to see how many I can stuff in my mouth before swallowing.

When I burp I actually say BUUUUUURRPPP while it is coming out. Somehow it makes it much better that way. LOL

I have an unusual talent that involves listening to music and changing the lyrics on the fly. Usually they are dirty and sometimes I REALLY impress myself. At this moment I can't think of a single one though and if I did I couldn't post it here anyway.

So are there any psycho-analysts on-board that wish to tell me I need to be locked up? LOL

1. What does it mean when someone says they have strange likes or habits?

Having strange likes or habits typically means that a person enjoys or engages in activities or behaviors that are considered unusual or unconventional by societal norms. It can also refer to having a unique or peculiar taste in things.

2. Why do people have strange likes or habits?

There are several reasons why people may have strange likes or habits. It could be due to personal preferences and experiences, cultural influences, or psychological factors. Some people may also have a natural inclination towards eccentricity or nonconformity.

3. Is it normal to have strange likes or habits?

What is considered "normal" varies greatly among individuals and cultures. While some may see strange likes or habits as unusual, others may view them as simply another aspect of a person's personality. In general, as long as these likes or habits do not harm oneself or others, they can be considered normal.

4. Can strange likes or habits be changed?

Like any other aspect of a person's personality, strange likes or habits can be changed if the individual desires to do so. It may require self-reflection, seeking professional help, or making a conscious effort to modify one's behavior. However, it is important to remember that these likes or habits are a part of who a person is, and it is okay to embrace them if they bring joy and do not harm anyone.

5. Are there any benefits to having strange likes or habits?

While strange likes or habits may not always be understood or accepted by others, they can bring a sense of uniqueness and individuality to a person's life. They can also provide a source of creativity and inspiration, as well as serve as a way to cope with stress or anxiety. Ultimately, the benefits of having strange likes or habits depend on the individual and their personal experiences.