The Wonders of Quantum Physics as a Teen: Tips and College Insights

In summary: Okie dokie, so I'll try that. Can someone explain the difference between the mathematical universe hypothesis and the many world hypothesis to me?I already know or attempted to understand this. I am trying to understand the difference between the two hypotheses.
Gravitons
Hi, I am just a teenager but I am very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But I am trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
You're asking someone to... teach you physics? That's too broad a request.

- Warren

Gravitons said:
Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more.
That's what this forum is for !

Gravitons said:
Hi, I am just a teenager but I am very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But I am trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you

Okie dokie ... so start asking questions!

Gravitons said:

Thank you

Don't ask to ask, just ask!

The most effective way to use this forum is to ask specific questions, preferably on something that you've tried to understand (i.e. you've made an attempt first) but still have problems with. This way, it doesn't degenerate into a full-blown lesson on a general topic, which is almost impossible to do on a public forum such as this. So ask your question, and indicate that you already know or attempted to understand, and where exactly you don't.

Zz.

Related to The Wonders of Quantum Physics as a Teen: Tips and College Insights

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at the atomic and subatomic levels. It explains the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of particles, such as electrons and photons, and how they interact with each other and with the world around us.

2. How is quantum physics different from classical physics?

Quantum physics is different from classical physics in that it describes the behavior of particles in terms of probabilities rather than definite outcomes. It also challenges the notion of cause and effect, as particles can exist in multiple states simultaneously and only collapse into a definite state when observed.

3. What are some real-world applications of quantum physics?

Quantum physics has led to the development of technologies such as transistors, lasers, and MRI machines. It also plays a crucial role in understanding and improving the performance of computers, communication systems, and renewable energy sources.

4. What are some of the major principles of quantum physics?

Some of the major principles of quantum physics include superposition, where particles can exist in multiple states simultaneously; entanglement, where particles can be connected in a way that their states are dependent on each other; and uncertainty, where it is impossible to know both the position and momentum of a particle with absolute certainty.

5. Why is quantum physics important?

Quantum physics is important because it provides a more accurate and comprehensive understanding of the fundamental workings of the universe. It has led to groundbreaking discoveries and technological advancements, and continues to push the boundaries of our understanding of the physical world.