1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Theoretical Physics at McGill University?

1. Nov 19, 2012 #1
    Hi all,
    I still have a year of undergraduate studies left but I'm very, very interested in mathematical, theoretical physics. I would love to do research in string theory; does anyone know if McGill University is at least decent for this as a graduate school? It's probably a naive question to ask but I couldn't find much on the internet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2012 #2
    You could go on their department webpage and see what professors are doing research in. I just looked and they have at least a few doing the work you mention. The next step would be to see what kind of papers these professors have published lately.

4. Nov 19, 2012 #3

eri

You need to look at what specific professors at the school are studying. But as a word of advice, avoid string theory. It really doesn't appear to be going anywhere. You don't want to graduate and find out no one finds your field of study useful. Theory is hard enough to find a job in - theory of something that doesn't work is even worse.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook