Thevenin with Variables: Finding Thev Eq for Nodes A and B and C and D

  • Thread starter Thread starter sisyphus0321
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thevenin Variables
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
sisyphus0321
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


For the circuit shown: Find the Thev Eq between nodes A and B and then for nodes C and D.
I worked the second half of the equation but am stuck on how to begin the analysis for the opposite end of the circuit. I have attatched the image as well as posting it as I am having some issues with this terminal.

Homework Equations


Voc=Isc*Rth
KVL
KCL


The Attempt at a Solution

http://http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/sisyphus0321/untitled.jpg?t=1238023439
Between C and D:
ix+Bix=Voc/Ro
Voc=Ro[ix+Bix]
Isc= ix + Bix
Rth=Ro
 
Attachments
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you make the image bigger? It's too small to be readable and gets too blurry if zoomed.
 
I believe http://www.scribd.com/doc/454419/Class-3-Thevenins-and-Nortons-Theorem is of use in this problem. If you still have problems, I'll try to clarify things.

And the picture is readable now, thank you.
 
Last edited by a moderator: