Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Think I am high off of dry-erase marker

1. Dec 17, 2008 #1
    Not really (they're "non-toxic") .... but seriously, do they make any that don't smell? And don't say chalk :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2008 #2
    Expo brand make a odorless one. I don't know where we get them from, they just arrive magically in the mail.
  4. Dec 18, 2008 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

They just magically have a full-stock in the math departments head office.
  5. Dec 18, 2008 #4
    Really? I'll have to take a look around. The ones I am using are Expos, but they are definitely not odorless! :yuck:
  6. Dec 18, 2008 #5
    i like sniffing on them! back when i was a wee boy, i liked getting out of the car at gas stations whenever dad was filling up just to smell gasoline.
  7. Dec 18, 2008 #6

D H

Staff: Mentor

Some (particularly the red ones) can be downright putrid.
  8. Sep 21, 2009 #7
    There is this website that sells dryerase markers that are truly low to no odor they say that the markers don't have the xylene in them which is what must have been whats gives me headaches with other markers. Also the markers are refillable and comes with the ink to do so.

and yes they erase as good if not better than the expo markers that I used in the past.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?