Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thread title changed in biology forum

1. Jun 24, 2011 #1
    Hello!
    Quick request:
    Someone changed the thread 'Homosexuality' in the biology forum to 'is there any evidence for homosexuality?', everyone seems to be in agreement that the new thread title is not suitable. I don't know who changed it as I was not informed about it. May someone change it back, please?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2011 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The thread title was changed to something more descriptive. One word thread titles are not good when it comes to indexing the site in a search engine (for example, there are probably many threads with the title 'homosexuality'). So, you can have it changed if you come up with something more descriptive.

4. Jun 24, 2011 #3

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I had noticed that at the bottom of the page was some links to similar threads, they too had the title homosexuality.

Perhaps a better title would be "Homosexuality and homosexual behaviour in animals"

5. Jun 24, 2011 #4
    Thanks for the responses.
    Someone recommended Neural basis of homosexuality, or something similar, which I think may be quite good.

6. Jun 24, 2011 #5
    i will change it, thanks

7. Jun 25, 2011 #6
    Thankyou.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook