To find water or not to find water?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alain47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Alain47
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
To find water or not to find water??

Some help guys anyone knows about methods to find water without using point detectors? all i seem to find is sensors that are put over a point were water is suspected to be at, I am lookin for something more along the lines of radar like, from a distance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Alain47 said:
Some help guys anyone knows about methods to find water without using point detectors? all i seem to find is sensors that are put over a point were water is suspected to be at, I am lookin for something more along the lines of radar like, from a distance.

Welcome to the PF. Do you mean underground water? How far underground? If underground, I don't think ground penetrating radar will get you very deep, but I certainly am no expert on it. Seems like you would need to use sound instead like the oil exploration folks use.
 


Yeah I looked into GPR and it won't cut it because it's a point detector, I need something from a distance.
I looked into Ultrasonic Rangefinders which use ultrasonic waves, they may be a bit costly so I'm trying to find cheaper ones on the market since its just a small project.
Would like your opinion on them and thanks for answering to begin with! :)