Tolerance class for Plastic Gear

In summary, the conversation is about finding a chart for tolerance class of 11e28 and 10e28 for plastic gears. The person requesting the information clarifies that they are looking for gear tolerance class, not hole and shaft tolerance class. Another person provides a link to a website with information on gear tolerance class and asks for the purpose of needing this information.
SQE
Hi Guys, Can anybody advise me where to get chart for tolerance class of 11e28 and 10e28 for the plastic Gears?

Engineering news on Phys.org
http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/ISO_Tolerances/ISO_LIMITS.htm"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Prassanna,
Thanks for the feedback.
The chart that you attached is Hole and shaft tolerance class.

But I'm requesting for Gear tolerance class.
Both are different.
Pls assist me if you have any info on gear tolerance class.

SQE said:
Hi Prassanna,
Thanks for the feedback.
The chart that you attached is Hole and shaft tolerance class.

But I'm requesting for Gear tolerance class.
Both are different.
Pls assist me if you have any info on gear tolerance class.

http://www.engineersedge.com/gears/gear_toleances_fine_pitch.htm
Please Check the above link... I wanted to know for what purpose u require this information. Is this for for any testing equipment?

What is a tolerance class for plastic gear?

A tolerance class for plastic gear refers to the range of acceptable dimensions and deviations for a plastic gear. It is a standard measurement used to ensure that the gear will fit and function properly within a given system.

Why is a tolerance class important for plastic gear?

A tolerance class is important for plastic gear because it ensures that the gear will fit and function properly within a system. It also helps to maintain consistency and accuracy in the production process.

How is a tolerance class determined for plastic gear?

A tolerance class for plastic gear is determined by considering the specific requirements and specifications of the gear, such as size, shape, and material. It is also based on the intended use and the level of precision needed for the gear to function effectively.

What are the different tolerance classes for plastic gear?

There are several different tolerance classes for plastic gear, including standard, medium, and low tolerance. The specific class used will depend on the requirements and specifications of the gear and the system in which it will be used.

How does a tolerance class affect the cost of plastic gear?

The tolerance class for plastic gear can affect the cost of production, as higher precision and tighter tolerances may require more advanced manufacturing techniques and materials. This can result in a higher cost for the gear. However, it is important to balance the cost with the necessary level of precision for the gear to function effectively in its intended application.