Tom Bosley, Mr. C on Happy Days, Dies at 83

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
Tom Bosley, who played the gruff but lovable Mr. C on Happy Days, and whose stable demeanor made him one of TV's ultimate father figures, has died. He was 83.

Bosley had been battling lung cancer but died of heart failure at his home in Palm Springs, Calif., early Tuesday.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tom-Bosley-Dies-1024514.aspx

At least he lived a long life.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Long? My father is 84 and he walks 3-4 miles every day and can out-work most young pups. There is a "younger" lady that meets up with him every day to walk with him, and he has to steady her (his explanation) by holding her hand because he says she's not as steady on her feet as she once was. If I asked him to come help me split my firewood, he'd be here in a heartbeat, and would stay all day.

BTW, I loved Bosley's character on Happy Days. A rational, often exasperated father dealing with societal change. I didn't have a father like that. My father was a product of the great depression, and he was very stern and intolerant of change. I love him, but we didn't live in that fantasy world.
 
RIP, Tom. I liked his clean and quiet style.
 
Astronuc said:
RIP, Tom. I liked his clean and quiet style.
Interestingly, I often picked up on his voice-overs for ads. I can understand why I'd pick up on Sam Elliot and Gene Hackman, but I registered Bosley just as easily.
 
Heh...I remember as a kid thinking Tom Bosley was one in the same with Bosley on Charlie's Angels (somehow they looked alike to me). I also thought he owned the Glad bags company.

Requiescat in Pacem Tom Bosley.


I thought of a Fonzi joke to add to this, but I guess it would be kind of inappropriate.
 
i will always remember Tom for his SMC ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttix2Ks4JsM

oh, and David the Gnome