peron Messages 15 Reaction score 0 Thread starter May 12, 2009 #1 I am doing report and I need to know how fast it will take you to get to the nearest star at .5c? Thanks.
I am doing report and I need to know how fast it will take you to get to the nearest star at .5c? Thanks.
Chewy0087 Messages 368 Reaction score 0 May 12, 2009 #2 Quick google - http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/extra/nearest.html So proxima centurai - 4.2 light years would take you 8.4 years (at 0.5c) relative to somewhere stationary and to you it would be; around about 7.3 years ish from my calculations. good luck with your report
Quick google - http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/extra/nearest.html So proxima centurai - 4.2 light years would take you 8.4 years (at 0.5c) relative to somewhere stationary and to you it would be; around about 7.3 years ish from my calculations. good luck with your report