Tricki (A 'Wiki' For Problem Solving Techniques)

In summary, Tricki is a problem-solving platform that functions like a wiki, providing a database of techniques and strategies for solving various problems. It allows users to contribute and share their own problem-solving methods, making it a collaborative and constantly growing resource. Tricki aims to help individuals and organizations improve their problem-solving skills and find effective solutions to a wide range of challenges.
Noo
I found this whilst browsing Tim Gowers blog.

http://www.tricki.org/

Seems to be a project of Gowers, Tao and a couple of others and is just a week or two (?) old. The aim is for the site to act as a Wiki-style database of problem solving techniques/advice/tricks etc - rather than a database of definitions.

I am not affiliated with the site (regardless, it is non-profit) - but i consider it a concept with such potential that i thought to try and increase awareness of it. It's very much in the start-up phase and so the more visitors/contributors the better. I wonder; if the PF community/admins shares my enthusiasm for the concept and the site perhaps it could be integrated in some way? Or even just stickied somewhere on the forums.

Anyway - i hope it succeeds, and that PF members make us of it.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
This is cool, I'd like to go through it once it has filled up some more.

1. What is Tricki?

Tricki is a "wiki" or online encyclopedia for problem-solving techniques. It is a collection of articles written by experts in various fields that provide tips and strategies for solving common problems.

2. How is Tricki different from other wikis?

Tricki is specifically focused on problem-solving techniques, rather than general knowledge. It also relies on contributions from experts in their respective fields, ensuring the accuracy and quality of the information provided.

3. Is Tricki accessible to everyone?

Yes, Tricki is accessible to anyone with an internet connection. It is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it accessible to individuals of all ages and backgrounds.

4. Can users contribute to Tricki?

Yes, Tricki encourages contributions from users. Registered users can submit articles and edit existing articles, subject to approval by the site's moderators.

5. Is Tricki a reliable source of information?

While Tricki is written and edited by experts, it is always important to verify information from multiple sources. The site also has a system for users to flag any potentially inaccurate information, allowing for continuous improvement and accuracy.