Trite; Where to start on the road of Physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nunchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Nunchi
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
A post you've seen a million times probably, but reading other people's almost similar but slightly different questions and getting almost similar but slightly different responses to my questions from other people's threads just doesn't really satisfy me, if that made sense.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is, at the moment I'm a Junior in HS and the school year is almost over. So far I've taken regular physics, biology, and chemistry in school, and I am just finishing passing Algebra 2 Honors. Nothing spectacular. I was hoping someone (with experience) could point me in the right direction.

Here is what I planned to do, but I personally would prefer to know what books and classes you read/took to get where you are. Also if you think these links suck and have something better, please share.

First link for the math, second and third links for the physics:
http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?140274-Prerequisite-Math-For-Modern-Physics.
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~hooft101/theorist.html
(and maybe starting with https://www.udacity.com/course/ph100 ?)

I plan to spend a large amount of time on this so I just would like peoples opinions and corrections.
I am also having a hard time choosing between Physics 2E-Honors (electronics) and AP Chemistry for next year -- atm for college I am thinking to major in Physics/EngineeringPhysics(Aerospace)/AI(CompSci), most likely some form of Physics.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Feynman lectures first volume is a great place to start. You can do this concurrently with Resnick and Halliday, or concurrently with a course based on Resnick and Halliday.
 
Thanks, I'll check that out. Anyone else? (I chose Physics 2E-Honors for next year)
 
I disagree with physwizard. Feynman is great - once you've been through the material already. It's not a good place to start. (This seems to have been the opinion of the class as well)
 
Okidoki, any input is appreciated. I'm easily persuaded.