Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trouble due to incomplete knowledge

1. Aug 2, 2012 #1
    I am a very curious guy and I often wonder about how stuff around me works - like when I speak how does my mouth produce sound and how my ears interpret it,what are quarks and boson...I might learn later on but currently I dont know these things. Its a bit irritating for me to not know everything. Can anyone help?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2012 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Study everything.

4. Aug 2, 2012 #3
    If you really want to know what quarks and bosons are first learn what F=MA is or F=dp/dt.

5. Aug 2, 2012 #4
    classical field theory for sound waves
    neuroscience for interpritation (I'm no expert so I'll just give the name of the whole field)
    nuclear physics for quarks

I'm not sure what you're expecting to get here though..

6. Aug 2, 2012 #5
    You might try lobotomy. You'll never know everything anyway.

Why irritating?

7. Aug 2, 2012 #6
    Every public library has a general science section. It's usually possible to find a book on a given subject that is aimed at beginners. You can start there and work up to more sophisticated books.

8. Aug 2, 2012 #7

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

You will never know everything. It isn't possible. However, if you like to know a little bit about a lot of stuff, I recommend Wikipedia.
    I'm referring specifically to general knowledge, not being able to perform calculations in QM or something. If you want to do that, you're going to have to spend a lot of time doing formal education.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook