Trouble Solving: The Limit of x→∞ ln(√x + 5)/ln(x)

  • Thread starter Thread starter redsox5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
redsox5
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
The problem is

The limit as x approaches pos infinity ln(square root of x + 5) divided by ln(x)

In the numerator only x is under the square root. I'm having trouble getting to this answer. If someone can take a look I would really appreciate it.

I have the answer because it can be done on a calculator. Just I'm not sure how to get there.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well what is lim x-> infty ln(sqrt(x)+5) and lim x-> ln(x)?
 
try evaluating the limit as my friend above me pointed out, you will get an indeterminate form. Fortunately l'hospital's rule can be used to deal with such limits.