True / False questions related to Newtonian Mechanics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Sumbhajee
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


These are all true/false questions.

1. The acceleration of an object is same in all inertial reference frames.

2. The work required to lift a mass one meter depends on the speed at which it is raised..

3. The work done by a constant force acting on an object is equal to the magnitude of the force times the distance the object moves.

4. A particle's kinetic energy can change without having any net work done it.

5. Less power is required while lifting a box up quickly than while slowly lifting it.

6. A simple machine cannot reduce the work required to do a task.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I have attempted everything I could think of for these true/false questions and I cannot seem to find the correct answer. Please help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If everything you tried is wrong...then the opposite must be true.

Sorry. Paraphrasing George Costanza.

Seriously, what have you specifically attempted? Let's start with that.