Trying to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite

• Thread starter Frankenstein19
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Density
In summary, to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite, you need to know the molar mass of LiNbO3 and the density of perovskite. The molar mass of LiNbO3 is 147.86 g/mol and the density of perovskite is typically around 5.85 g/cm3. This can be calculated by using the formula density = mass/volume. It is important to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite in order to understand its properties and behavior in different applications and to determine its purity and quality. Other methods of calculating the density include X-ray diffraction analysis and measuring the dimensions and weight of a known volume of the
Frankenstein19

Homework Statement

upload_2017-3-6_17-49-48.png

This is what I have so far. I'm using the theoretical density formula for crystaline solids
big_thumb.jpg

but the actual theoretical density is supposed to be 4.644g/cm^3

Am I missing something? I'm using the right formula, am I not?

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-6_17-49-0.png
    upload_2017-3-6_17-49-0.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 921
Physics news on Phys.org
First, from your formula I get 3.85 g/cm3, not 3.5. And there are not 5 "LiNbO3" units in the unit cell. Count them again.

you have three different types of atoms each one has different atomic weight.

1. How do you calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite?

To calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite, you will need to know the molar mass of LiNbO3 and the density of perovskite. The molar mass of LiNbO3 is 147.86 g/mol and the density of perovskite is typically around 5.85 g/cm3. Using the formula density = mass/volume, you can plug in the values and solve for the density of LiNbO3.

2. What is the molar mass of LiNbO3?

The molar mass of LiNbO3 is 147.86 g/mol. This can be calculated by adding the atomic masses of lithium (6.941 g/mol), niobium (92.906 g/mol), and oxygen (15.999 g/mol) in a LiNbO3 molecule.

3. What is the density of perovskite?

The density of perovskite can vary depending on the composition, but it is typically around 5.85 g/cm3. However, it is best to use the specific density value for the perovskite sample you are working with to ensure accuracy in your calculations.

4. Why is it important to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite?

Calculating the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite is important because it is a crucial parameter in understanding the properties and behavior of this material in various applications. It can also help in determining the purity and quality of the sample.

5. Are there any other methods to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite?

Yes, there are other methods to calculate the density of LiNbO3 from perovskite, such as using X-ray diffraction analysis or measuring the dimensions and weight of a known volume of the material. However, using the formula density = mass/volume is the most common and straightforward method.