Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

TV shows you are ashamed to say you watch

1. Dec 5, 2014 #1
    i will start with Jeremy Kyle show - i know it is chav tv but just cant resist a good lie detector test episode.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Benny Hill!

and there are many more on youtube.com

4. Dec 5, 2014 #3
    the three big cartoon ones, i.e. simpsons, family guy & Futurama re-runs....I'm liking Futurama more now...as my tastes mature :)

Oh and survivor, that's a little shameful too

5. Dec 5, 2014 #4

jtbell

I used to watch Blind Date late at night when it was on broadcast TV. I was surprised to find out just now that reruns are still being shown on cable TV, which I don't have.

6. Dec 5, 2014 #5
    OMG jtbell!! I totally forgot about that show, was very funny.

7. Dec 5, 2014 #6
    I like to watch Maury Povich do his paternity thingy. The show is so low just about anything looks good after that.

8. Dec 6, 2014 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Are you forgetting Fox News and Springer?

Never mind the nagging... the best part about no longer having the wife is that Springer has never appeared on my TV since we split the sheets. I couldn't get away from that @)&^!%Y%$ing son of a #*(^#IW%# while she had the remote.

9. Dec 6, 2014 #8

Drakkith

My Little Pony.

10. Dec 6, 2014 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

"Say Yes To The Dress". Both the NY and Atlanta versions. I don't know why I can't stop watching that show!

{bows head down in shame}

However, I draw the line at the "Bridesmaid" version. I don't watch that one, so I must have some dignity left in me!

Zz.

11. Dec 6, 2014 #10

Danger

Gold Member

Yeah... :olduhh:
    Keep telling yourself that... :devil:

12. Dec 6, 2014 #11
    Quiz "Who wants to be a millionaire"

13. Dec 6, 2014 #12
    Jerry Springer, I like all the fights.

14. Dec 6, 2014 #13

nsaspook

Science Advisor

Fashion Trance. Loved the music and the catwalks.

15. Dec 6, 2014 #14
    I could never watch Springer. It gave me a dirty feeling just from listening to it if it was on in another room. I felt like I had to take a shower. Maury is pretty trashy too. I don't need to know those people exist.

But one show I should probably be ashamed of watching that I watched anyway was Sailor Moon. I would be ashamed to say the reason I watched it, which was that I had a crush on female cartoon characters.

16. Dec 6, 2014 #15

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But the funny thing is that , unlike Springer, Povich has a kind of regal, distinguished look to him, as if he could be the heir to the crown of some European country. I knew of someone who had the line (often heard in Povich's show) " you are _not_ the father" for his ringtone.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  17. Dec 6, 2014 #16

Danger

Gold Member

Middle Earth country, maybe. Europeans aren't that stupid.

18. Dec 7, 2014 #17

RonL

Gold Member

After the list of things above, why am I feeling pretty smart ? then I mess that up, thinking about the cartoon babe in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". :H:(

19. Dec 7, 2014 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Are you kidding! If you didn't sprout a chubby over her, I'd test you for a pulse or mental illness. I can't think of one guy in my acquaintance who doesn't love that show.
    Oh, wait... 2 guys, but they're gay...

20. Dec 7, 2014 #19

Maylis

Gold Member

Maury is even more cynical than Jerry Springer. At least Jerry laughs at his guests right to their face, Povich holds it all in and tries to look like he is trying to help them!

21. Dec 7, 2014 #20

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How absurd, falling in love with a cartoon movie character...both Betty and Veronica from Archie are way hotter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook