TV shows you are ashamed to say you watch

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
i will start with Jeremy Kyle show - i know it is chav tv but just cant resist a good lie detector test episode.

Answers and Replies

the three big cartoon ones, i.e. simpsons, family guy & Futurama re-runs....I'm liking Futurama more now...as my tastes mature :)

Oh and survivor, that's a little shameful too

jtbell
Mentor
I used to watch Blind Date late at night when it was on broadcast TV. I was surprised to find out just now that reruns are still being shown on cable TV, which I don't have.

OMG jtbell!! I totally forgot about that show, was very funny.

I like to watch Maury Povich do his paternity thingy. The show is so low just about anything looks good after that.

Danger
Gold Member
The show is so low just about anything looks good after that.
Are you forgetting Fox News and Springer?

Never mind the nagging... the best part about no longer having the wife is that Springer has never appeared on my TV since we split the sheets. I couldn't get away from that @)&^!%Y%$ing son of a #*(^#IW%# while she had the remote.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My Little Pony.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
"Say Yes To The Dress". Both the NY and Atlanta versions. I don't know why I can't stop watching that show!

{bows head down in shame}

However, I draw the line at the "Bridesmaid" version. I don't watch that one, so I must have some dignity left in me!

Zz.

Danger
Gold Member
I must have some dignity left in me
Yeah... :olduhh:
Keep telling yourself that... :devil:

Quiz "Who wants to be a millionaire"

Jerry Springer, I like all the fights.

nsaspook
Science Advisor
Fashion Trance. Loved the music and the catwalks.

I could never watch Springer. It gave me a dirty feeling just from listening to it if it was on in another room. I felt like I had to take a shower. Maury is pretty trashy too. I don't need to know those people exist.

But one show I should probably be ashamed of watching that I watched anyway was Sailor Moon. I would be ashamed to say the reason I watched it, which was that I had a crush on female cartoon characters.

Likes Medicol
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
I like to watch Maury Povich do his paternity thingy. The show is so low just about anything looks good after that.

But the funny thing is that , unlike Springer, Povich has a kind of regal, distinguished look to him, as if he could be the heir to the crown of some European country. I knew of someone who had the line (often heard in Povich's show) " you are _not_ the father" for his ringtone.

Last edited:
Likes edward
Danger
Gold Member
he could be the heir to the crown of some European country.
Middle Earth country, maybe. Europeans aren't that stupid.

RonL
Gold Member
After the list of things above, why am I feeling pretty smart ? then I mess that up, thinking about the cartoon babe in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". :H:(

Likes Danger
Danger
Gold Member
I mess that up, thinking about the cartoon babe in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".
Are you kidding! If you didn't sprout a chubby over her, I'd test you for a pulse or mental illness. I can't think of one guy in my acquaintance who doesn't love that show.
Oh, wait... 2 guys, but they're gay...

Likes Medicol
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Maury is even more cynical than Jerry Springer. At least Jerry laughs at his guests right to their face, Povich holds it all in and tries to look like he is trying to help them!

Likes Medicol
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
After the list of things above, why am I feeling pretty smart ? then I mess that up, thinking about the cartoon babe in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". :H:(
How absurd, falling in love with a cartoon movie character...both Betty and Veronica from Archie are way hotter.

Likes Danger
Danger
Gold Member
Betty and Veronica from Archie are way hotter.
Well... in that particular genre, I have to disagree. It was always Midge for me... :oldlove:

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Maury is even more cynical than Jerry Springer. At least Jerry laughs at his guests right to their face, Povich holds it all in and tries to look like he is trying to help them!
Yes, well, in "Reality" TV, it is all about creating something that will appeal to the audience. Part of the ugly side of capitalism, I guess; if you don't do that, you're out.

I would like to see a show about psychics with weight problems: " The Medium is a Large".
Or consolidate all the shows and do one on hoarding overweight mediums , or, a prostituting medium ( large) : whoreding overweight mediums.

Likes Danger