Movies that you watch over and over again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies watch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
101 replies · 13K views
Klystron said:
IDK. I cannot stomach Gunter Grass, never watched the film.
I keep thinking he must have had something important to say, but,... (sigh).
Klystron said:
Anna Paquin always turns in brava performances
Yeah, I'd watch Anna Paquin in just about anything. It surprises/(disappoints?) me though, how tiny many famous actors are. Well, compared to me anyway. When I occasionally see them in real life I have to stifle a laugh. :oldwink:
Klystron said:
Maybe next time I watch Kaptain-Lieutenant survives the war?
I'll say nothing,... nuh...thing... (can't really do a Sgt Schultz impersonation without the voice.)
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and Klystron
Physics news on Phys.org
Seventy-five years old and I just got around to watching High Noon?! What else have I been missing?
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN
Bystander said:
Seventy-five years old and I just got around to watching High Noon?! What else have I been missing?
Shane?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and bhobba
PeroK said:
Shane?
Cannot gag down Ladd; ever wonder where/why/how/who thinks TC can play Jack Reacher?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gleem and hutchphd
Bystander said:
[...] who thinks TC can play Jack Reacher?
TC, of course, and most of the Church of Scientology when TC is in the room. o0)
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN and Bystander
strangerep said:
TC, of course, and most of the Church of Scientology when TC is in the room. o0)
I like TC One has to push past the culty stuff same with John Travolta
I hated Top Gun and the early stuff but he has been in some great films.
Born on the 4th July
Rain man
Vanilla Sky
A few good men - one of my all time faves
Collateral
Jack Reacher (I haven't read the book - Bruce Lee was small)
Edge of tomorrow (fun!)
Knight and day (lots of fun!)
War of the worlds...
 
Last edited:
Bystander said:
Cannot gag down Ladd; ever wonder where/why/how/who thinks TC can play Jack Reacher?
The guy they have in the series is huge. Alan Ritchson is 6' 4" and about 235 lbs and in great shape.
Good reviews for series one.
 
pinball1970 said:
I like TC One has to push past the culty stuff same Ruth John Travolta
I hated Top Gun and the early stuff but he has been in some great films.
Born on the 4th July
Rain man
Vanilla Sky
A few good men - one of my all time faves
Collateral
Jack Reacher (I haven't read the book - Bruce Lee was small)
Edge of tomorrow (fun!)
Knight and day (lots of fun!)
War of the worlds...
Concur, although I really like "Top Gun" despite the film's flaws. I would like to watch the recent "Top Gun" sequel if only to see TC reunite with Val Kilmer, now effectively mute due to illness.

First watched TC as a minor character in the original production of S.E. Hinton's teen novel "Outsiders". Cruise showed major promise as an actor among a stellar cast. "Risky Business" featured a fun energetic TC performance. His Ethan Hunt character in "Mission Impossible" film series remains memorable particularly for the great self-performed stunts and Cruise's intent serious expression.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970
Klystron said:
great self-performed stunts
Danny Trejo won't do his own stunts now that he's "big" box office; he gets hurt, the whole crew's out of work, and he's not comfortable letting his ego get in the way of other people's livings.
 
Klystron said:
"Risky Business" featured a fun energetic TC performance.
Was TC in "Risky Business"?? I only remember Rebecca de Mornay. :oldwink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
Shawshank Redemption,
Jacob's Ladder,
I still force myself to watch Pink Floyd - The Wall every few years to remind myself of how different things were in the 1980's.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and DennisN