Two IC engines with same displacement, but different number of cylinders

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
kandelabr
Messages
110
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The object of this assignment is to find two engines that have the same displacement and different number of cylinders and compare ratio of their power output to a few equations' results.
The engines should be from the same manufacturer and their manufacturing date should be no more than 10 years apart.

Homework Equations


not relevant (not a problem at all)

The Attempt at a Solution


I cannot find two engines with these conditions. Any ideas?

Thanks,
kandelabr
 
Physics news on Phys.org
kandelabr said:

Homework Statement


The object of this assignment is to find two engines that have the same displacement and different number of cylinders and compare ratio of their power output to a few equations' results.
The engines should be from the same manufacturer and their manufacturing date should be no more than 10 years apart.

Homework Equations


not relevant (not a problem at all)

The Attempt at a Solution


I cannot find two engines with these conditions. Any ideas?

Thanks,
kandelabr

From the same manufacturer... that makes it harder.

But if you look at sportbikes, you will see that two common engine configurations are in-line 4 and V-twin. You could probably find two 1000cc sportbikes from say, Honda, where one is an inline 4 and the other is a V-twin. I'll see if I can find some examples...
 
Yes, that's what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot!