Two interpenetrating percolated networks

• Thread starter Alvine Alvin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Networks
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of having two interpenetrating percolated networks of randomly arranged spheres of the same size. The critical density for percolation and information on where to find the answer are also mentioned. The Wikipedia page on percolation theory is suggested as a starting point for further reading.
Alvine Alvin
Hi,

Sorry I'm not sure where I should post this, so hopefully this forum is ok.

Is it possible to have two interpenetrating percolated networks of randomly arrange spheres of the same size? So if I have a 50% concentrationg of sphere A, and 50% of sphere B and arrange them randomly within a lattice, will I have percolating clusters of both? What is the critical density for percolation of either network? I couldn't see the answer online, maybe because I don't really know what to search for but it sounds like the sort of thing that should be known.

Thanks.

Edit: found it. 0.31 apparently.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org

1. What is the concept of two interpenetrating percolated networks?

The concept of two interpenetrating percolated networks refers to two separate networks that are connected or intertwined with each other. This means that the nodes or components of one network can also be found in the other network, creating a complex structure.

2. How are two interpenetrating percolated networks different from regular networks?

Two interpenetrating percolated networks are different from regular networks in that they have overlapping components and a higher degree of interconnectedness. This makes it more challenging to analyze and understand the behavior of these networks compared to regular networks.

3. What are some real-world examples of two interpenetrating percolated networks?

Examples of two interpenetrating percolated networks can be found in various systems such as transportation networks, social networks, and even biological networks. For instance, in a transportation network, the road network and the public transportation network can be considered two interpenetrating networks as they share common nodes and connections.

4. How do two interpenetrating percolated networks affect the spread of information or diseases?

Two interpenetrating percolated networks can have a significant impact on the spread of information or diseases. The overlapping components and interconnectedness between the networks can facilitate the rapid spread of information or diseases, making it more challenging to contain or control.

5. What are some potential applications of studying two interpenetrating percolated networks?

Studying two interpenetrating percolated networks can have various applications, including understanding complex systems, predicting the spread of diseases or information, and improving network design and resilience. It can also have implications in fields such as social sciences, engineering, and biology.