Types of sensory nerves in skin and the CT network

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Skin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 15K views
Nim
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
How many different kinds of sensory nerves are there present in our skin? I've heard of touch-lightly, touch-pressure, vibration, heat, cold, pain, itch, and tickle. Not to long ago I think a nerve for cuddling was found. Something called the CT Network. Also, are there any official names for these kinds of nerves?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Not cuddling, but a lover's car-
ress:

BBC NEWS | Health | Lover's touch is special
Address:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2158489.stm

This informative site has all the
official names of the different
types of skin nerves:

Protecting, sensing, repairing: Nerves near the surface of the skin
Address:http://www.loreal.com/loreal-skin-science/us/proteger/organe.asp

-Zoobyshoe

There are 2500 receptors per
square centimeter on your finger
tips!
 
Last edited:
It has a few of the nerves listed there. But I don't think it has them all. I've never heard of those though, thanx.
 
I searched "skin nerves". Try it
and you may come up with a more
comprehensive site.
 
Last edited: