Is monitored home security available in your area? Near me, AT&T and Bay Alarm both offer monitored home security which includes fire protection.
If a fire starts there an you are 10 minutes away, you probably will not be able to do much with a fire extinguisher. Small fires with normal combustibles in homes double in size about every 30 seconds, so 10 minutes is... Well you can do the math.
On a side note, I was able to knock down a neighbor's house fire with a 10-pound fire extinguisher a few years back (and save the house) because I happened to be at home on a weekend and heard the (regular) smoke alarm going off a few houses down the street. It turned out to be a bed fire (do you know how to put those out with an extinguisher?) that was started by a child playing with matches while the parents were asleep in a different room. I have extra fire extinguisher and fire safety training from our local Fire Department, though, so you should never try to put out a small house fire on your own without getting lots of special training and practice.
Please be safe!