U or SCU: What is the functionality of a Secondary Cooling Unit in Aerospace?

  • Thread starter Thread starter araanandv2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cooling
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
araanandv2
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Please explain me about the Secondary Cooling Unit (SCU)-Aerospace?

Please explain its functionality?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
To what kind of application are you referring? The name is pretty self explanatory, but it doesn't narrow down what you are looking for. For example, could it be one of the ones here?
http://www.ametekaerodefense.com/products/SKU.cfm?SKU_Id=1698&Style=1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much

Customer informed that its used in commercial airplane.
i don't have any idea regarding this.

Expecting a positive reply.
 
Did they happen to tell you what system this unit is part of? Hydraulics? Environmental? Electrical?
 
They told that it is a part of Electrical System

thanks
 
Well. I am stumped. I will have to ask around. I don't suppose there is any way that you have a manufacturer part number?
 
I assume you are trying to locate and sell one to your customer. If so then they should give you a specification for what they want. That will enable you to narrow down the field and be more specific as to what you need to look for. Plus, you'll have something to fall back on when they tell you it's not what they want.

CS