UCSB vs University of Waterloo for undergraduate physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter neerajareen
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
neerajareen
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I've just been admitted to UCSB (College of letter's and science) and the University of Waterloo for the honors physics program and I'm having difficulty deciding between the two. Which college has better research for undergrads? Since I'm planning on pursuing a career in physics, where would I find it easier to get into a top grad school? Which of the two is a better college from purely an academic standpoint?

Any response is appreciated

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
At this point, it's more about how you interact with the college than how a mythical average student interacts with the college. Nobody but you can say which is better - for you.
 
Things to consider about UWaterloo - new startup tech development centers on-campus and I am told they have very proactive tech transfer policies, if you plan on ending your studies with a research discovery :smile:
If you are planning to go into computational research, there are a number of software companies close to campus, collaborating with UW.
Just my 2 cents.
 
Santa Barbara and its environs is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I would love to live there for a few years. Both UCSB and UWaterloo are stellar schools. You can't go wrong academically but remember you are living your life while you're a student, too. Either school can get you where you want to go. Unless one school was far cheaper, I know which one I would pick. (the one on the beach)