UEFA Champions league Final

• Thread starter -Aladdin-
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary, Manchester United will win the Final 3-1. Ronaldo, Rooney, and Carrick will score. Ferdinand and Vidic will contain Henry. Puyol, well at least Barca will have one centre back!
-Aladdin- said:
In my point of view, It will be Barca's game if and only if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes

This is very true, as was seen in last year's semi. Then this year it seemed that it was going to happen the same with Chelsea after Essien's screamer, though some say God is pallid and is called Iniesta.

Chelsea vs Barca: There was at least a penalty that should have been conceded to Chelsea in the second leg, but it's also true that abidal was sent off in a whimsical decision, and anyway it was no reason for all the hoopla that Chelsea players , notoriously Drogba, displayed at the end.

The key to the final in Rome I think is going to be ball possesion, and Barca are kings of that trade, just go to the UEFA page and look statistics to see what team has hogged the ball more during the tourney, they even had monopoly of possesion in the Stanford Bridge game! If Xavi and iniesta start their triangulations, is going to look bad for Manchester. Only Manchester United player that can win the title for ManU is CR7, specially in free kicks and headers, as Barca defense is a juryrigged one. Iniesta and Henry have been training today and will travel to Rome, so it's going to be a very strong attack for Barca. I've visited an oline betting house and the odds are slightly in favor of Barca.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
meteor said:
Only Manchester United player that can win the title for ManU is CR7, specially in free kicks and headers, as Barca defense is a juryrigged one.

I disagree. Sure, Ronaldo is fantastic, and is probably the best player in the world at the moment, but he's not the be all and end all of the team. The united squad is very talented, and pretty numerous (for example, it was a little known youngster that scored the goal at Villa which arguably tipped the premiership race into United's favour.) I'll be looking at Tevez and Rooney to create some magic, as well as Ronaldo. Carrick will also have a very important role to play in that midfield.

Still, should be a great game.

meteor said:
The key to the final in Rome I think is going to be ball possesion, and Barca are kings of that .

Yes, this is also true mate ,Infact , the keyword of ManUtd is Sir Ferguson . Ronaldo is going to be marked .

For Barca side it's Eto'o who will start scoring and open the match .

Man of the match is going to be Valdes Or Van der sar .

Guys...

Let the world say anything about any clubs & any players...but its going to be the team who sustain pressurre will lift the CUP---- & i think MANU has it in them so they are going to WIN IT !

MANU ROCKS !

Today it is then , so let us sit and enjoy :) and face the fact.

-Aladdin- said:
Puyol is fit right?

No he's a greasy munter

He's not fit then

-Aladdin- said:
He's not fit then

Whatever flies your kite

Puyol surelly will make the difference mate

-Aladdin- said:
Puyol surelly will make the difference mate

He strikes me as a taker, if you're into giving I'm sure he's got a lot in his arsenal

Well, where are you going to watch today's final ?

Its 1 -0 Barcaaa (half time) gooo barca

Well altough I support Chelsea I think that Man U is definately going to win :smile:

What a great game. Barca wins 2 - 0.

Man U looked a little off and that was no doubt due to Barca's play. I didn't understand why Ferguson put Park into start, but then Rooney wasn't playing as well as I might have expected. Messi and Henry were almost always looking dangerous and Messi struck with a great goal in the second half.

Valdes looked hardly troubled and Barca was the one supposed to have the depleted defense. Barca rose to the occasion. ManU didn't.

Barca was clearly the better team. ManU can have no complaints.

Oh dear ,what a shame ,never mind.Hammers next year.

Dadface said:
Oh dear ,what a shame ,never mind.Hammers next year.

Wrong cup. It will be years before they get a sniff at the Champions League. They finished 49 points back of ManU.

LowlyPion said:
Man U looked a little off and that was no doubt due to Barca's play.

I don't think so: we just completely lost the plot after Barca scored their first against the run of play. There wasn't the usual passion, flair or magic that the Utd players normally conjure up. After conceding, we didn't attack the Barca back four, we just sat back and let their midfield take control. They were pretty good, but we just let them play.

ManU can have no complaints.

Well, arguably Pique should have been sent off in the first couple of minutes: Ronaldo through on goal, professional foul by the last man.. I've seen them given for a lot less (c.f. Fletcher!)

cristo said:
Pff, you think Man Utd won't score? That's not very likely!
Ouch?

-Aladdin- said:
I have a believe , if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes they will be eaten by Barca .
Very prophetic (or should I say 'lucky guess'?). Those first 10 or so minutes held United's best chance for scoring all game.

Gokul43201 said:
Ouch?

Hmm.. that wasn't Utd playing tonight, it was some impostors in white. Shocking, shocking performance. To coin a phrase (albeit in the opposite situation to the one previously used) "football.. bloody hell!"

cristo said:
Hmm.. that wasn't Utd playing tonight, it was some impostors in white. Shocking, shocking performance. To coin a phrase (albeit in the opposite situation to the one previously used) "football.. bloody hell!"

Well the imposters weren't the hammers.They always give a brilliant performance as LowlyPion will confirm.

Wolfsburg to win next year!

-Aladdin- said:
In my point of view, It will be Barca's game if and only if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes

Like what I said before and that what happened.
Ronaldo's dangerous free kick followed be park was the most dangerous game by ManUtd ,they followed in attacking and their midfield was terrible were barcalona had took advantage from this and a counter attack by Eto'o and like what I said Eto'o will score a goal.
At the End it's Sir Alex fault by starting with anderson and park .

Man of the match was Xaxi .

kasse said:
Wolfsburg to win next year!

Ohh , :D yeah they will but maybe after 100 years ?

Dadface said:
Well the imposters weren't the hammers.They always give a brilliant performance as LowlyPion will confirm.

Liverpool next year .

LowlyPion said:
What a great game. Barca wins 2 - 0.

Man U looked a little off and that was no doubt due to Barca's play. I didn't understand why Ferguson put Park into start

Yes, this is right but the main fault that ferguson had made was leaving anderson and carrick in the midfield .

Gokul43201 said:
Ouch?

Very prophetic (or should I say 'lucky guess'?). Those first 10 or so minutes held United's best chance for scoring all game.

No, actually its tactition .My dad has a bit of football mind (manager) so I learn from him and we discuss.ManUtd last games depended on this situation,scoring goals in the opening minuts.
Thank you .

Ah looked like I bet wrong Man U definitely was not up for the:smile: match but I have to admit that Barcelona would beat Man U even if they were looking forward to the match so thumb up to all barcelona fans

marlon said:
Barcelona, without ANY doubt !

marlon

great match !

it should have been 3 or 4-0 !

marlon

Gokul43201 said:
Ouch?
rofl

indeed

marlon

Well done Barca .

Well at least Chelsea got their FA Cup, if not the Champion's league final.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton

Yeah , well done, Liverpool didnt get anything.