Un subscribe to topics which I post in?

• Thread starter rusty009
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to disable email notifications for new posts in subscribed threads on a forum website. The solution is to click on the "My PF" link and then "Edit Options" to change subscription settings. There is also an option to unsubscribe from individual threads. However, there is no way to sort the list of subscribed threads by date.
rusty009
Hey guys, currently, when I post in a topic I get emails to notify me when someone else has posted in the same topic which is pretty annoying. How do I disable this? Thanks !

Physics news on Phys.org
rusty009 said:
Hey guys, currently, when I post in a topic I get emails to notify me when someone else has posted in the same topic which is pretty annoying. How do I disable this? Thanks !

Click on the "My PF" link in the upper left of this page, and then click on the "Edit Options" at the left. Look down a bit for the settings for your subscriptions to threads.

Thanks for that.

rusty009 said:
Thanks for that.

You're welcome. Also, in the My PF link, it will show you a list of your currently subscribed threads that have had new posts since you last looked at the thread. Each listing offers you a link to click to "Unsubscribe" from a thread. That's the way I handle it -- if I don't want to be notified of updates to a particular thread, I Unsubscribe on a thread-by-thread basis.

Is there a way to rearrange the list of subscribed threads by the date on which I subscribe to them?

I don't think so. It looks like they are sorted by latest post date in the thread.

Ugh. I wish something like this were implemented. That way I could easily find recently subscribed threads regardless of how old its last post was dated.

1. How do I unsubscribe from topics that I have posted in?

To unsubscribe from a topic, you can click on the "unsubscribe" button located in the post or discussion. This will remove you from receiving any future notifications or updates about the topic.

2. Will unsubscribing from a topic also remove my previous posts?

No, unsubscribing from a topic will not remove your previous posts. However, you will no longer receive notifications or updates about the topic.

3. Can I unsubscribe from a specific thread within a topic?

Yes, most discussion platforms allow you to unsubscribe from specific threads within a topic. You can usually find the option to unsubscribe from a thread by clicking on the thread or post and looking for an "unsubscribe" button.

4. What happens if I accidentally unsubscribe from a topic?

If you accidentally unsubscribe from a topic, you can usually resubscribe by clicking on the topic and looking for a "subscribe" button. If you are unable to find a subscribe option, you can reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

5. Is there a way to unsubscribe from multiple topics at once?

Some discussion platforms offer the option to bulk unsubscribe from multiple topics at once. This can usually be done by going to your account settings or preferences and selecting the topics you wish to unsubscribe from.