Understanding Current Flow in Wheatstone Bridge: Diagram and Explanation

• Thread starter pavel987
  • Start date
In summary, if the potential difference between two points is greater than the current flowing between the points, then the current will flow from points of higher potential to points of lower potential.
pavel987
In wheatstone bridge , if B an D are two points and if potential difference of B is greater than D,How current will flow?
If possible you can draw a diagram and explain me how current will flow(send pdf or doc).It will be very helpful for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
pavel987 said:
In wheatstone bridge , if B an D are two points and if potential difference of B is greater than D,How current will flow?
If possible you can draw a diagram and explain me how current will flow(send pdf or doc).It will be very helpful for me.
First, it does not make sense to talk about the potential difference at one point. One may only define the potential at one point and the potential difference between points. If you mean that the potential at B is greater than at D, then positive charges released at rest at B would move toward B and vice versa for negative charges. Since the current is defined in terms of the flow of positive charges (even though it's actually electrons which are moving), the current flows from points of higher potential to points of lower potential.

Last edited:
It also helps to know what resistors you are labelling as B and D.

pavel987 said:
1. Please read the posting rules for this forum - we can not help you with coursework unless you show us what effort you've made.

2. The question is vague and incomplete. At least draw or describe the bridge and indicate where the points lie.

3. All homework discussion is to be had in the forums, so that future questions along these same lines can be directed to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Understanding Current Flow in Wheatstone Bridge: Diagram and Explanation

1. What is the purpose of asking for this question to be answered?

The purpose of asking for this question to be answered is to gather information or knowledge on a specific topic or issue from someone who has expertise in that area.

2. Can I skip this question if I don't know the answer?

It is recommended that you answer the question to the best of your ability. If you are unsure or do not know the answer, you can indicate that in your response.

3. Is there a specific format or structure for the answer to this question?

There is no specific format or structure for answering this question. However, it is important to be clear, concise, and provide accurate information in your response.

4. How long should my answer be for this question?

The length of your answer may vary depending on the complexity of the question and the amount of information that needs to be conveyed. It is generally recommended to provide enough information to fully answer the question without being too lengthy or repetitive.

5. Is it okay to provide personal opinions or experiences in my answer?

It is best to stick to factual information and avoid personal opinions or experiences unless they are directly relevant to the question being asked. This will ensure that your answer is objective and informative.