Request a Diagram or Explanation to wire 220v-50/60hz UK 3-wire device

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
varocketry
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
I am buying an appliance that is rated 220v-50/60hz, 10 amps, with a UK type GB plug (3-wire). I'd like to know how to properly wire that 220v 3-wire cord to a US plug (assume I snip it off)?
Planning a kitchen renovation.

We've found a SIEMENS iQ700 glass downdraft extractor [model LD98WMM60B] that we'd love to use. It, of course, is only available in EUROPE.

EAN code : 4242003907122
Connection rating : 300 W
Fuse protection : 10 A
Voltage : 220-240 V
Frequency : 50; 60 Hz
Plug type : GB plug

Question: We've confirmed with SIEMENS it will work fine in US 60 hz service. How do I wire the 3-wire appliance to US 220v 3 or 4 wire service? I Assume I can snip off the plug and install a US NEMA plug.
Diagram appreciated to help me understand your explanation and properly communicate it to local electrician.

Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Your thread is locked temporarily until you send my your certifications for doing this type of electrician work. Click on my avatar and "Start a conversation" to send me your certs, so I can re-open your thread. Thanks so much.