Unexplored ideas in Brian Wilson's music and legacy

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
55 replies · 7K views
Evo said:
They already have those. I guess you haven't shopped for furniture in awhile.

I don't shop. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Landshark. Tounces the driving cat. Battle cats.
 
turbo-1 said:
I may be older than you. At 55, I remember some stuff that my dad can't get and my nieces/nephews can't appreciate. Is our window for situational humor/topical humor that small?

Oh yeah you're way older than me. :rolleyes: ...okay, by a few years.

As for our narrow window, I guess so... never thought of that way before but so it seems. But sometimes the joke requires that you were there - the two-for-one sales pitch is dated I think. Assuming that it was a genre of commercials that came and went, then the implicit humor wouldn't be obvious to everyone.

Likewise, I've read many threads here in GD that were apparently very funny but I have no idea why. I think I get what the joke is supposed to be but it doesn't strike me as being funny. Clearly the young people here see it differently.
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Oh yeah you're way older than me. :rolleyes: ...okay, by a few years.

Hang on just one flippin' second here. He's a few years older than you, at 55?! :bugeye:
All of this time I've been looking to you as a grandfather figure, and you're younger than my wife?!
Even worse, that means that you're within a couple of years either way of me.
This is a total violation of the laws of chronology.
 
Danger said:
Hang on just one flippin' second here. He's a few years older than you, at 55?! :bugeye:
All of this time I've been looking to you as a grandfather figure, and you're younger than my wife?!
Even worse, that means that you're within a couple of years either way of me.
This is a total violation of the laws of chronology.

I like keeping you old guys confused. :biggrin:
 
V8 powered zimmer frames ideal for the over 55 hairy wrinkly.
 
Spoken like a true Englishman (ie: incomprehensible).
 
moe darklight said:
a wheel made out of sliced bread.

Since cheese already comes in wheels, does this mean that we might be riding around on sandwiches?
 
So Hot Wheels would become Grilled Cheese Sandwiches? And we would hear statements like, "he was spreading cheese for at least a block"?
 
The horrible part is the mayonnaise in the burn-out box.

Ivan, sometimes I wish that I wasn't an atheist just so I would have somebody to blame for you. :biggrin:
 
Danger said:
The horrible part is the mayonnaise in the burn-out box.

Ivan, sometimes I wish that I wasn't an atheist just so I would have somebody to blame for you. :biggrin:
Holy cow! give me some hot pastrami and rye so I can catch the debris at the launch!
 
Danger said:
The horrible part is the mayonnaise in the burn-out box.

Ivan, sometimes I wish that I wasn't an atheist just so I would have somebody to blame for you. :biggrin:
Blame Charles Darwin - none of this would have happened if he hadn't developed the theory of evolution. :smile:
 
Astronuc said:
Blame Charles Darwin - none of this would have happened if he hadn't developed the theory of evolution. :smile:

Yeah, that's right! Let's burn the bastard in effigy... oh, hang on... that's already been done in Kansas...
 
I don't get it... must be an old guy's joke.

I will code it into my geriatric translator and see if it makes any sense. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1358715#post1358715
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
Hang on just one flippin' second here. He's a few years older than you, at 55?! :bugeye:
All of this time I've been looking to you as a grandfather figure, and you're younger than my wife?!
Even worse, that means that you're within a couple of years either way of me.
This is a total violation of the laws of chronology.

WHAT! Didn't I tell you, Ivan is just a kid! Now you are saying that youj may be close to Ivan's age! AkKK And here I thought you were the grandfatherly type!
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I don't get it... must be an old guy's joke.

I will code it into my geriatric translator and see if it makes any sense. :biggrin:
OK, now you're stepping on some toes! Geriatric translator? Why I oughta...
 
Tsu corrected me yesterday. The meat flavored soft dring that I called Dr. Pepper is properly called Dr. Pecker.
 
Oh yes, getting back to you old guys, have you seen the commercial for the Hoveround that uses music from the Beach Boys? Of course the music is supposed to appeal to the target audience.

Now that's downright scary.
 
Speaking of the Beach Boys, I heard that today is Brian Wilson's 65th birthday!

http://www.brianwilson.com/content/general/right_photos/brian.jpg
http://www.brianwilson.com/content/general/left_photos/brian.jpg
http://www.brianwilson.com/brian/
 
Last edited by a moderator: